London SE1 community website

Home Mac repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Tuesday 6 November 2012 12.24pm
Again Paul at databugs got me out of a fix. My MacBook Pro had a dodgy screen. It was intermittently going off.

Paul found a loose connector; and gave it a good cleaning so that the fans are working properly again. RESULT !

Great to have competent local companies - and I love to endorse them, Kevin

phoenix wrote:
graham wrote:
Here's a number worth keeping:
Paul Mac Apple repairs
Databugs
020 77016077
paul@databugs.co.uk

Thanks graham ! I took your advice and contacted Paul at Databugs last week. My 4-year old Macbook pro is transformed.

I had just 5 Gb of hard disk left and the original operating system which had problems and crashes. I dropped it off on saturday and Paul did a great job. He installed a new 320 Gb drive and I now have 240 Gb free space. That means everything is faster, and lots of room to grow. He also upgraded the OS -Snow Leopard is a great improvement - no problems, no crashes and lots more functionality.

Highly recommended - great advice on the options open to me. I'd go back for trusted advice anytime, Kevin
Tuesday 6 November 2012 1.30pm
Does anyone have a rough idea of the sort of price I might expect to pay to get someone to take the data files from a couple of old desktop PCs that no longer start up, please?

We're talking about possibly a couple of hundred photos.

Thanks a lot.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 6 November 2012 6.58pm
Hi mate

Save yourself a ton of money and do it yourself.

Purchase a USB2 to IED/SATA adaptor. Take the hard drive out of the knackered PC, plug it into the adaptor and plug the adaptor into your USB port.

You can now access the files on the hard drive and copy them to your PC.

Have a look here to get the idea.

Amazon have one for sale here for 25 notes.

Yes, you can get cheaper ones but watch out for crap power supplies!
Tuesday 6 November 2012 8.22pm
Neat.
Wednesday 7 November 2012 8.46am
Cheers, BSB. Might work up the courage to give that a try. You never know, I could learn something...

Wednesday 7 November 2012 9.40am
I can give you a hand matey.
Wednesday 7 November 2012 2.06pm
Appreciate the offer, BSB. Very kind of you. Might take you up on it. Will make sure there's some decent beer in the house if I do ;0)

Thursday 10 January 2013 1.42pm
I just collected my damaged MacBook Pro 13-inch from Apple Repair London (Tel: 07017 25 25 25) and needless to say I am extremely impressed with their pricing, service and workmanship.

George provided a free inspection/evaluation initially then got to work and I collected 3 hrs later.

Definitely recommended!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions