London SE1 community website

Igloo flower shop Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 28 May 2009 9.34pm
Oops-will post the petition address tomorrow.
Night night.
Sunday 7 June 2009 5.21pm
Southwark Council crack me up, they (with a straight face or pen!) send a letter to all Tea Trade wharf to seek permission to place a mobile phone mast on the top of the building. And, in the same week make a decsion to close down a lovely addition to the street without consultation.

I know the two issues are totally separate but it shows me what a bunch of clowns are running local councils in the UK nowadays when both issues are even considered.
Sunday 7 June 2009 6.18pm
I don't know what to say, if this is all true I am shocked by the council's behaviour. This flower shop has been the least disturbing of pretty much any business run in Shad Thames. As others have said here, it has been a delight to pass by it every day and ocassionally use its services.

I look forward to hear how this develops and how one can help provide any support for the owners to get a fair review done.
Sunday 7 June 2009 8.58pm
For all those who are so upset as I am about the closing down of the flower shop, below you will find the correct web address for the petition to sign.

www.ipetitions.com/petition/iglooshadthames/
Monday 8 June 2009 6.59pm
Hmmm,

Riverside Ward.. Bermondsey Community Council on Wednesday, and the chair is a Riverside Councillor.

Direct protest always wins over a petition, and Community Councils are an important part of local democracy.

The buffet is good too.....
Tuesday 9 June 2009 9.35pm
Did I see a sign in the window today saying that Igloo was opening again on 11 June?
Wednesday 10 June 2009 1.51pm
I saw the information too, so we hope Igloo will be back again!
Wednesday 10 June 2009 10.19pm
Hooray!!!Yes,igloo is opening again tomorrow.Thanks Sidi for posting the correct petition address.Please do sign it still as I haven't had the green light yet from the council to trade as I used too.However,please come down and say hi as it's going to look great ( I hope ).Politically,things are moving.Simon Hughes is doing his thing ( really good guy ) and am hoping to hear from the local ward councillor very soon.

Local people have been amazing.I'm sincerely touched.Met a gentleman by chance today who,while in a cafe in Shad Thames,said he was writing to Simon Hughes,but had just popped out to get a coffee and was going to finish off the letter on his return.

The 'good people' have restored my faith in humanity.

Please carry on writing/e mailing as I still need your support.

Ta.

Simon.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions