London SE1 community website

New things on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 29 July 2011 4.30pm
All very exciting. And even the Chinese restaurant next to Tandoori Tandoori seems to be getting a refurbishment as well! Hartley menu does look inviting, and at the discounts promised on the window, worth an early visit. Good luck to all the new businesses! Long may they prosper! BTW, does anyone know if the market at corner of Bermondsey St/Decima St that has been de-designated by the council, was `Caledonian Market' or if that refers to the antique market in Bermondsey SQ - was never quite sure.
Friday 29 July 2011 11.54pm
Hi KitKat,

the New Caledonian was the Bermondsey Square antiques market. I'm not sure the TBR/Decima St market had a name.
Saturday 30 July 2011 3.18pm
No idea if it's new or been there for ages, but I had occasion to use the Bijan framing shop on TBR today.
I inadvertently cracked the glass on a framed print which happened to be a favourite of the enemy within, AKA my beautiful wife.
I rang a place in Lower Marsh and was quoted 55.00, I took it to Bijan, they replaced it in ten minutes, 20.00.
Saturday 30 July 2011 6.03pm
Bijan has been there for at least 7 years [when I came to the area] and I found them to be very pleasant, helpful and reasonably priced.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions