London SE1 community website

Street works on The Cut and Waterloo Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Zoe
Tuesday 18 August 2009 5.49pm
I didn't get anything about it and I'm at the Southwark end of The Cut.

I believe this is related to the plan to create a zone between Waterloo Brasserie and The Old Vic. WB have an agreement from Lambeth to move all of the greenery to the Cornwall Road side of Emma Cons and then put seating there for the restuarant.

However, I don't know why Waterloo Road has to be single lane, it's just stupid and annoying...and Lambeth could actually try to do something about illegally parked traffic if they are going to do something stupid like this.
Wednesday 19 August 2009 9.11am
Zoe wrote:
I believe this is related to the plan to create a zone between Waterloo Brasserie and The Old Vic. WB have an agreement from Lambeth to move all of the greenery to the Cornwall Road side of Emma Cons and then put seating there for the restuarant.

That's very interesting. I wonder how they swung that.

When walking past WB the other day I noticed a sign which said, "Come and enjoy our terrace", or something like that, and I wondered where said terrace could be. Is there one out the back?

Surely, they didn't mean that scrubby "garden" they have abutting, but just fenced off, from Emma Cons. I have always wondered why they have never done anything about that. Now I know!
Tuesday 26 January 2010 11.17pm
And they're back.

After literally days with no roadworks on the Waterloo Road, big holes appeared outside the station last week.
Tuesday 26 January 2010 11.50pm
Amazing. They turn the road into a bus park every other week. Do they care? No, they live in a council office. I did complain about the state of Waterloo Road generally, a pre-emptive strike when I have a wheel ripped off by a pothole and want to sue them.

I received this reply via my councillor

"I am happy to advise that we have Waterloo Road in our programme for resurfacing this financial year. It will be done in Feb / Mar. We need to undertake essential remedial work to the drainage first. Any works that were in relation to the Emma Cons shared surface treatment will be tidied up until the surfacing is ready to go forward."

I am not holding my breath.
Wednesday 27 January 2010 8.25am
It's always the same story with the council and resurfacing roads. The problem I find is that when they do actually come to fill in any potholes they do such an awful job which means that in a months time the pothole has reappeared!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions