London SE1 community website

Southwark Council Recycling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 30 July 2014 7.50am
Odd, they are normally very reliable. Southwark changed the days presumably, so I suspect the error is on their part. Perhaps the letter to Veola got stuck at Mandella Way!
Wednesday 30 July 2014 9.40am
Very confused by this. Had a note pushed through my door yesterday to say that in case we hadn't got their previous note to let us know the bag collection days were changing (we hadn't), this was a reminder. But it did not say what days were changing to what days. Not helpful!

Usually our bags are collected on a Wednesday (just off Blackfriars Rd.), almost without fail. Now I have no idea when they are supposed to be collected so left it out this morning as usual in the hope it will be gone when I get home. If not, we'll be told off by the Corporation for putting stuff out at the wrong time. Aargh!
Wednesday 30 July 2014 10.45am
If you ever have a clear recycling bag you want to get rid of, outside of your usual collection time, you can leave them next to any Southwark Council public litter bin (i.e. the square black ones) and they will be collected twice a day.
Zoe
Wednesday 30 July 2014 6.10pm
Spoke to someone today at the council and the changed day has gone ahead as planned (I had been unsure if I had misunderstood the letter) mainly without problems. However apparently some of the crews are now working in new areas which has caused a few teething problems. If we are not collected this week (which most should be) it will be on Monday in future. The fact that properties in a small area have all been affected probably indicates that we got one of the crews in a new area. I wonder if they have come from an area without door entries and have found it hard to deal with all those around here.

La Marinet, I suspect you are also Monday, which is the day for Styles House and Nelson square (to make it more efficient).
Wednesday 30 July 2014 6.23pm
Ours were collected today (our old collection date). It can't really have been anything to do with the entry doors as the communal bins were not emptied either on Monday and it was meant to be the same team now.

Will try to put my bag out next Monday and see what happens, thanks Zoe!
Wednesday 30 July 2014 6.44pm
Sumner Buildings normal collection is Wednesday morning, just got home & recycling bag is still outside my door, as are others.
No letter came through my door..
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions