Reading the thread about Waterloo Traffic, it occurred to me that SE1ers might be interested in a public meeting being held in Kennington on March 8th about the buses. There will be representatives from both Southwark and Lambeth although I am still waiting to hear if Simon Hughes will be able to join us. Anyway, here are the details:
Buses in Kennington
7pm on Monday, 8th March
St Anselm's Church Hall
Kennington Cross SE11
(286 Kennington Road, at the junction of Kennington Road and Kennington Lane)
· Is crime a problem on your bus route?
· Are buses safe?
· Do driving standards concern you?
· Is a new bus route needed?
· Is a new bus stop needed?
· Should buses be more frequent?
· Does the wrong type of bus serve your area?
· Are there any other issues you want to raise?
Guest panellists include:
· Andrew Boag, Service Change Advocate, London Buses, TfL
· Belinda Danino, London Buses, TfL, Borough Liaison - Lambeth
· John Stewart, Transport Users Group, Lambeth Council
· Trevor Wilding, Transport Group Manager, Southwark Council
And we will be joined by:
· Kate Hoey, MP for Vauxhall
· Cllr Caroline Pidgeon, Deputy Leader, Southwark Council
· Cllr Andrew Sawdon, Executive Member for Transport, Lambeth Council
· Valerie Shawcross, London Assembly Member for Lambeth & Southwark
Come along and have your say!
Northern line tube: nearest stations - Kennington or Oval
Buses: 3, 59, 159, 322, 360
Walking (or 1 to 2 bus stops) distance from:
Tube stations: North Lambeth, Vauxhall, Elephant & Castle
Buses: 36, 436, 133, 185, 155, 333
Organised by Kennington Association in conjunction with
Kennington, Oval & Vauxhall (KOV) Forum
For further information contact Kennington Association at [email protected]