London SE1 community website

Vinopolis balloons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Wednesday 1 July 2009 9.51am
Rupert Ellwood wrote:
Yes - I have been assured they degrade within two weeks.

By whom, may I ask?
Wednesday 1 July 2009 10.02am
If they had released 100 red squirrels or poured 1000 gallons of blue vegetable dye into the river, now that would have generated some publicity and lasted longer than some unimaginative balloons.
Wednesday 1 July 2009 10.55am
What a great day it was yesterday!! blue skies:)
Saw the London Lite Lite loves talking about the event and popped down to see Oz clarke. There was a bunch of people outside holding speeches and stuff.
Saw the balloons going up and have to say I was concerned at first but they said even the tags are biodegradable, let alone the balloons!
I think Vinopolis is a really cool place. Went there for the comedy night last Friday. Didn't know they did that but was good fun. My friend who lives in elephant and castle told me.
Wednesday 1 July 2009 11.25am
What a shame.

I had been thinking positive things about Vinopolis this morning - how refreshing it was to have the MD of a local firm posting on the forum to respond to comments, how enlightened their online reputation management policy must be, etc etc.

But now susie1970 has blown it.

She works for Clementine Communications, a PR firm which counts Vinopolis amongst its clients.

As regular readers are well aware, it is illegal for people to represent themselves as customers of a business they act for. It has also always been against our rules for people to write about businesses in this way without being upfront about their affiliations.

Clementine Communications has form in this area. They were involved in a previous shabby episode on this forum when they tried to promote another local client, Viva Verdi.

How dare you insult people's intelligence like this? It makes my blood boil.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 July 2009 11.48am
Your blood must be constantly on the boil then as most requests on here for a plumber, electrician, cleaner, handyman etc; are usually followed by the same person replying under a pseudonym recommending themselves. IMHO
Wednesday 1 July 2009 12.17pm
Come on Phoney, you're exaggerating.
Well spotted James - I smelt a rat when I saw Susie 1970's effusive post.
And, yes it is a shame.
Wednesday 1 July 2009 12.29pm
James Hatts wrote:

But now susie1970 has blown it.

She works for Clementine Communications, a PR firm which counts Vinopolis amongst its clients.

More than anything else I find susie1970's poor attempt very amateur and totally transparent. Says a lot about Clementine Communications really.
Wednesday 1 July 2009 1.21pm
Well, I thought it was a nice response from Rupert,M.D. perhaps his p.r. company came in a bit late and over keen.

p.s. make mine 1001 Rupert..:-)
Jac
Wednesday 1 July 2009 2.06pm
Yes what a shame. THats what I call really bad PR for vinopolis. Like James I thought it was really refreshing to have the MD reply in a very professional way. That has been completely undone by their PR company.. And if I was Rupert I would think twice about renewing the contract with that company when the time comes. That kind of PR you can do without. An apology from the MD and the PR company wouldn't go amiss. Ignoring this issue and not giving a response on the other hand would be an even worse PR move in my opinion
Wednesday 1 July 2009 2.35pm
But, then again, what do we mortals know about PR? Susie's a pro, you know. (Albeit that Prentiss & McCabe - http://www.britishcomedy.org.uk/comedy/apower.html -would never countenance such a dastardly scam;0))

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions