London SE1 community website

Vinopolis balloons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Thursday 2 July 2009 3.42pm
You know, people should really stop mentioning Clementine Communications Ltd. At this rate, anyone searching for them will come across this thread before they get to the Clementine Communications Ltd website.

Which will be very inconvenient for anyone trying to get hold of Clementine Communications Ltd.

It could also make people think that Clementine Communciations Ltd are less than scrupulous. Which would be bad news for Clementine Communications Ltd.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 2 July 2009 4.27pm
Too late - already the 9th result on Google for Clementine Communications.

The third result, after their own website, is more curious. Apparently they are an Optical Goods Wholesaler:

http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/list/bid/6181142
Thursday 2 July 2009 4.32pm
Ivanhoe - are you spinning or is it that I can't see you behind the smoke and mirrors?
Thursday 2 July 2009 4.39pm
Ivanhoe, if you type "Clementine Communications Susie" The SE1 site comes up top.
Is that bad?
Thursday 2 July 2009 4.52pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Getting back to my original post of the balloons, I still feel concerned that ten days to biodegrade may be too late for the wildlife.
Perhaps scrapping balloons and having a bubble machine would be better!

It seems Rupert has integrity in p.r.gate...:-)

The sperm whale mentioned here could easily have eaten the balloon within ten days of it being released. What concerns me is that they are available from sites like ecomojo where you would think they're only selling safe stuff.
Thursday 2 July 2009 5.27pm
Does Clementine Communications make any attempt to keep up with current values on the environment? Is Parsons Green so far away from the rest of the planet, that no one realised how 20th century balloon releases are?
What next, a bullfight or a whaling trip to celebrate Susie70's redundancy?
Thursday 2 July 2009 5.54pm
Oh Beetroot , how sad those photos are.:-(

What organisation in the u.k. is starting a ban on them ( if any)

you always hear about the dangers that fishermen leave behind, lead weights lines etc. on animal programmes, never about balloons and strings.

Perhaps a mesage to school children to pick up any balloons they see may help, like in that article.
Thursday 2 July 2009 7.11pm
Mr Ellwood's gone very quiet about the balloons. Does Oz Clarke have a comment?
Did our darling Clementine advise that these balloons are biodegradeable which is clearly beside the point......?
I think we should be told.
Thursday 2 July 2009 7.19pm
Just noticed that fishfish
fishfish wrote:
Wonderful to have an old fashioned celebration. Balloons in the air give us all joy and remind us of freedom and woinder.
Is a first time poster - welcome aboard.
Thursday 2 July 2009 7.30pm
Susie1970 has gone very quiet and hasn't even got the humility to admit she made a mistake. I don't blame Rupert at all, he's in the business of wine not balloons and had the decency to reply at least. Hopefully he also has the sense to fire the fragrant Susie.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions