London SE1 community website

Vinopolis balloons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Thursday 2 July 2009 7.42pm
emmab wrote:
Susie1970 has gone very quiet and hasn't even got the humility to admit she made a mistake. I don't blame Rupert at all, he's in the business of wine not balloons and had the decency to reply at least. Hopefully he also has the sense to fire the fragrant Susie.

No disrespect but I'd find it a bit harsh if Susie were sacked - As pointed out before, none died. She made an error of judgement. Although th fact that she has gone awfully quite points to the contrary, one can only hope she has learned something from this. Otherwise, she has just contributed to further tarnishing the image of that most pointless of all services, PR.
Thursday 2 July 2009 8.05pm
Yes but the point is, as a PR pro, "Susie1970" (probably some fat bloke in a suit) should know the rules and the law on advertising as it stands.

"Her" jolly post was, in fact, illegal.

The point that James is making is that these PR companies with there flashy "we are professionals" websites let themselves down very badly when they blatantly break the law in a public forum - make no mistake, they know they are doing it but still do it! You have to wonder what these type of companies do behind the scenes!

Now, happily, if I was a potential "Clementine Communications Ltd" customer and searched for them I would find the SE1 website and this thread.

Let's hope that the lawbreaking "Clementine" business is damaged and that reputable PR companies, that stick to the law, get their lost business instead.

Hope Vinoplis read this and consider their ties with the Clementine Communications Ltd lawbreakers!

Also, no more balloons please - very bad idea - bet you have got that message though - unless "Susie1970" is briefing your next PR stunt.
Thursday 2 July 2009 8.55pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Yes but the point is, as a PR pro, "Susie1970" (probably some fat bloke in a suit) should know the rules and the law on advertising as it stands.
"Her" jolly post was, in fact, illegal.

Well, if that's how you feel about it, maybe you should sue them. Personally, I have never seen the point of PR companies, on the contrary. I have worked with some of them in the past and I have nothing positive to say about them. I wouldn't go as far as comparing them to bullies or pimps, but they have an air of dodginess about them. As far as Susie goes - I had "her" down as an ambitious but inexperienced junior trying to be clever but getting it all wrong. I guess we'll never find out the truth.
Thursday 2 July 2009 8.57pm
My point was really that she has made no effort to do a repair job and her client has had to step in and resolve things which has just served to make her look even worse.
Friday 3 July 2009 9.33am
lagse1 wrote:
Ivanhoe - are you spinning or is it that I can't see you behind the smoke and mirrors?

If I find myself, or the room, spinning, I generally blame it on the cider ;0)

I'm not averse to smoke, but I've been advised it's best for all concerned if I stay away from mirrors.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 3 July 2009 10.22am
Daily Express today , Inghams World is a Green Tip:
'Don't release Balloons. They can kill seabirds,turtles,dolphins and whales which mistake them for food when they drop into the sea'

Perhaps John Ingham watches London SE1, perhaps he lives in SE1!
Friday 3 July 2009 10.45am
Perhaps he didn't write it. Perhaps it's a piece of PR.

Friday 3 July 2009 11.00am
on Clementine Communications website, you can see that they are based in London, Paris, and Rome, and it would appear that a lot of their clients are in or related to the wine trade, and I guess that a lot of the clients of one PR company will be in touch with each other, and maybe doing business with each other, so IMO it's unlikely that Vinopolis will be changing PR companies over this, but then again I could be wrong.
Friday 3 July 2009 11.42am
Clementine Communications it seems was started by Clemence de Crecy, I would imagine the family name has some relation to the Battle of Crecy where the English army commanded by Edward III and heavily outnumbered was victorious over Philip VI's French army and demonstrated the effectiveness of the English longbow, when used in large numbers, against armoured knights.
So where does Susie de Southwark fit into all this, the plot thickens. 1000 balloons infiltrating our ecology system!
Come on Vinopolis, how ever much we like you and wish we could afford to dine with you to celebrate your success, 1000 balloons was a bit over the top as a birthday celebration and as for Susie, Clemence and co. step into the real world and combine your "creative skills" with a little wisdom.
Friday 3 July 2009 1.07pm
Longbowmen to shoot down the balloons!

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions