London SE1 community website

Ca phe House - Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 13 June 2011 12.28pm
I saw that on Saturday and thought it was Costa Coffee - was pleased when I saw it was the viet cafe. Jose needs it more though!
Saturday 18 June 2011 3.44pm
So can businesses just set themselevs up with tables & chairs in parks?
Saturday 18 June 2011 4.38pm
Not in this weather!
Saturday 18 June 2011 9.53pm
I sat out there and had my first taste of a noodles dish the other day, between rain showers. It was delicious and copious in quantity. It was very busy inside. I look forward to returning.
Friday 29 July 2011 9.27am
A planning application for the tables in the park has now been submitted:
http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9541229

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 29 July 2011 9.51am
Can you do that? Stick 'em out and then say, 'Oh yeah by the way about those chairs and tables...' It is a sweet spot on a nice day, though. Might pop down today even.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 11.40am
Is there any planner/architect/experienced person out there who can give us some tips on how we should frame our objections to the planning application? There is something distateful about public space being made private.

Having checked the Southwark Council site, I could not find a list of neighbours who were consulted (I am not sure whether no neighbour will be consulted, or whether they are yet to be consulted). I would also think that the scope of consultation should be quite wide as the park is likely to be used by all the local residents on Bermondsey Street, Tanner Street, Morocco Road, White Grounds (apologies to those I have inadvertently omitted).

Thanks
Wednesday 3 August 2011 2.17pm
Surely this only improves the park Froggy. They only have the tables on the hard landscaping so are no really using the leisure space in the park? I think it all looks really inviting
Wednesday 3 August 2011 3.01pm
I can't personally see that it does any harm there, I think it adds an extra ambience to what is essentially merely the spot where you park your bikes.
Wednesday 3 August 2011 3.44pm
Have to say I agree with the above comments. Sat out there last weekend and thought it was a lovely spot from which to watch the world go by. Granted if they started to encroach on the park itself that would be a different matter, but as it's on the hard ground I see it as a welcome addition.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions