London SE1 community website

FireAngel

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 July 2009 7.40am
Not sure James where to post this...

The council installed a couple of FireAngels several years ago and last night I woke with a start to hear a sharp peep..peep...Fearing the worst shot out of bed ( well my version of shooting anyway!)no sign of fire, smoke etc., decided wisely that clambering up a ladder at 3am was not a wise idea, left it to this morning to remove it from the light socket.

It was still peeping after I removed it and the noise was driving me mad, I cleaned the dust off to find a pretty little radioactive symbol and warning ..

Finally getting around to the point where does one dispose of it? I can't just throw it in the bin, does southwark have a dept. for the collection of one small radioactive item?

should have explained it's a fire alarm and you dont have to use batteries, plugs into your light sockets.
Thursday 23 July 2009 8.39am
I think head to the Manor Place recycling depot off Walworth Rd (near the police station)

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions