London SE1 community website

Rats with wings How to get rid?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Saturday 8 August 2009 9.26am
...or more specifically, this.
What a rip off though.
Saturday 8 August 2009 10.22am
I've just been advised that hanging old cd's works. I suppose hanging new ones would too.
Saturday 8 August 2009 11.37am
"The Earthlings are revolting, ma'am"
Saturday 8 August 2009 11.58am
I agree with the decoy owl or falcon as it has worked on my balcony for best effect make sure the decoy is as high as possible as they only feel threatened from above

Failing that borrow a cat or a ferret :-)
Monday 5 October 2009 2.18pm
The Plastic owls will work to start but you'll need to move them regularly or the pigeons will get used to them. Netting or spikes are the best option, although not always practical.
www.bird-stop.co.uk have some good ideas
Monday 5 October 2009 2.34pm
Mel - welcome to the forum.

A word of advice: You must make clear (legally and under our forum rules) that it is your own company/website you are mentioning.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 October 2009 10.01pm
Has anyone thought of those black cat cut outs with the shiny eyes they use for scaring cats? I think they can be bought from Betterwear as well as other places.

One of those below and a plastic hawk above may work. I believe that hawks should be hung in a way that they may move in the wind. Perhaps an electric fan when there is no wind.
Tuesday 6 October 2009 11.38pm
Are those cat cut outs for scaring cats? Fab!

Do they work?
Friday 29 January 2010 8.43pm
I've just read that if you spray WD40 on your window ledge or balcony it will keep the pigeons away.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions