London SE1 community website

£3.95 for a slice of Cheese???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 17 August 2009 11.32pm
There are hardly any good Greek restaurants in the UK. Lemonia and Halepi are OK (but only OK), and they are in Primrose Hill and Bayswater respectively. Greek food has undergone the same kind of reinvention in Greece that British food has in this country, but there's little evidence of that in Greek restaurants here. When The Real Greek first opened, it looked like that might change, but it went downhill fast when it was sold.
Tuesday 18 August 2009 6.27pm
Is anyone else delighted by the bun and cheese in Leone the new Carribean place on the Tower Bridge Rd? Vast, delicious portion for 1.45 - so big, in fact, that there was plenty for two of us.
Tuesday 18 August 2009 7.05pm
Bel Ludovic wrote:
There are hardly any good Greek restaurants in the UK.

A few years back I had a work lunch at a Greek restaurant in St John's street. I didn't remember the name but the food was OK. I looked up the restaurant and it turns out it was a Real Greek. And it's closed now.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions