London SE1 community website

Mugged outside my own flat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 21 August 2009 10.30am
Lets hope they get caught, perhaps a patient should carry a used colostomy bag bag inside their bags....what a wonderful thought! excreta goes to excreta!
Friday 21 August 2009 12.09pm
How sad that this has happened again just one week after my attack and around the same area.

One of the boys that mugged me was dressed in a black hoodie and the other a grey hoodie - so I suppose it is possible that it was the same boys.

Fingers crossed it was caught on CCTV and the police will cath them this time.
Friday 21 August 2009 1.38pm
I walked by the Leathermarket pub around 9:30-10pm yesterday night wandering why there was an ambulance there! It was still light out! I'm going to be scared to walk home now. :(
Friday 21 August 2009 3.34pm
You have to love the school summer holidays...
Friday 21 August 2009 11.08pm
bad luck - assume they came from nowhere and were in a position where you had not time or space to fight back, or alternatively to make an exit

I have been to martial arts classes with this in mind - the ones where they teach you to deliver a swift elbow to the face of up close assailants, especially 17 year old boys. not that this will always be the best choice and avoiding these situations is of course better, but it's good to have the mental and physical 'armour' in place.

on a lighter note, may I suggest on aesthetic grounds not carrying a man-bag at all?
Monday 24 August 2009 12.50pm
Prime example where CCTV have all but replaced patrols and police on the streets away from main roads. I live on Borough High Street near the top and I am utterly shocked by the amount of petty crime the police just seem to turn a blind eye to. Tramps openly urinating in alley ways by the bus stop opposite Taz. Beggars aggressively harrasing passers by for money around Sainsburys Local. The whole of Borough High Street stinks of rotting food and piss at the moment.
Wednesday 26 August 2009 11.56am
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. It's very concerning to have things like that happen on your doorstep. I live at Medway House and I know that a lot of recent trouble stems from a family at Aylesford House - the woman deals in drugs and there are always lots of black teenagers in hoodies who constantly come and go from her flat and hang around in the car parking area between Aylesford, Medway and Strood House. The police apparently know about the goings on there, but aren't doing very much about it. The next door neighbour of the 'trouble' family had her mobile phone taken off her at knife point outside her own front door, but she is too scared to go to the police. I will try to talk to one of our local councillors at their next surgery, which they hold on the 1st Thursday each month at the community hall.
Hope you've regained your confidence a bit, I know these things shake one up quite a bit.
Wednesday 26 August 2009 2.26pm
Claudia,

the police may be covertly watching whats going on, but obviously cant say they are keeping tabs.

Shame the Council can't take action against tenants running a business like this!

years ago when we lived in strood a neighbour got a warning from the L.C.C for using her property as a business....she had a catalogue and used to knock at peoples doors....how things have changed!
Wednesday 26 August 2009 7.18pm
Don't know how many, if any of you, buy stuff over the internet, but I heard the tail end of a conversation with a police officer on the radio today about the latest very worryning scam, which works as follows. An item is offered for sale on the net at a bargain price, but still a good few quid, and when the deal is struck the buyer is told it can't be posted and must be cash only. The seller arranges to meet the buyer at a certain place at a certain time to complete the transaction. This turns out to be somewhere quiet and the punter is imediately set upon an robbed. It is the softest target imaginable as the mugger, (or muggers,) know that their victim will be in that agreed place at the agreed time and will be carrying a good sum of cash, (and probably other valuables such as mobile phone, credit cards etc.)The latest victim is still in hospital having undergone open heart surgery for a serious and potentially lethal stab wound, so these people will stop at nothing to get money, which they are probably in desperate need of to fund their drug habit.
Take care!
Wednesday 26 August 2009 9.49pm
I read about this story today on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8222087.stm.The poor guy had 5000 on him. I feel sorry for him, but to be honest you have to be fairly naive to travel with that much money on you.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions