London SE1 community website

Recommended Painters/Decorators please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 6 January 2011 8.05pm
Hi,

My name is Lia and my husband works as decorator since 2006 in Sloane Square with another 7 persons.If you are interested, he can give to you a quote .

We can can keep in touch by email: [email protected] .

Many thanks,
Lia
Friday 7 January 2011 7.48pm
Hi, I used Steve who I found through the forum who I would also recommend - 07976 898 109.

Happy to show you the work he did if you like just PM me.

Cheers

C
Monday 10 January 2011 1.47pm
Does anyone know a decorator in The Borough are who would be willing to do a small job? I need someone to wallpaper a bedroom? We can do the painting ourselves. The flat is so small, and we have nowhere to go while it's being decorated, so I don't want people in any longer than necessary.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 11.50am
Hi Lady Coconut.
I'm a local decorator and i've done work for members of this site.I live near Tabard St.I'd be glad to come round and give you a quote tonight if you wish.

best regards,

Paul Nelson
Tuesday 11 January 2011 11.53am
I guess my number would help!

Paul Nelson 07946739465

[email protected]
Thursday 1 March 2012 10.53am
Try these guys for any building or refurbishment works they did wonders in my new kitchen!

Ideal building solutions
www.idealbuildingsolutions.org
[email protected]

A picture of my Kitchen is on their website the on with the red tiles :)
Thursday 1 March 2012 7.18pm
Paul Nelson just finished my flat, and I highly recommend his work-it wont be the last time I engage him.Very pleased-check out his address above.
Thursday 1 March 2012 11.09pm
antonyb wrote:
Paul Nelson just finished my flat, and I highly recommend his work-it wont be the last time I engage him.Very pleased-check out his address above.

I think I must be the only person who read this guys references on here, called him, and to whom he provided a quote more than twice that of any other contractor who priced for my project.

To explain, I contacted Mr Nelson further to a recommendation on this site. I was a bit disconcerted when Mr Nelson turned up with someone who then behaved as if he was his 'manager'? (I'm not sure because he didn't introduce himself) and who then took charge of the process of looking around and commenting on the scope of work. The resulting price quoted was ridiculously high. Perhaps they decided they didn't need the work, or fancy it for some reason, so maybe they deliberately priced themselves out of it. However, the overall experience of engaging him and his 'manager / partner' to get a price was not edifying, and the resulting laughable quote just underlined my initial discomfort when I showed them around.

The guy I eventually commissioned has completed an excellent job, at a (imo) reasonable price.
Friday 2 March 2012 9.37am
Hello,

i am a painter and decorator living in kennington.

You can contact me on 07947 601 069 and i would be happy to give you a quote. I can provide references if required.

Many thanks,

Mark.
Wednesday 14 March 2012 5.39pm
a guy called Bobby did our flat and was fantastic,quoted half of what others did and he did my sisters place too.very friendly,fast and excellent quality of work.
he has a website www.ella-finley-decorandflooring.co.uk

ill post hes number up as i still have it on my mobile. 07985647063
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions