London SE1 community website

Chicken and mushroom pie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 1 September 2009 9.50pm
First choice Pieminister or jump on a bus to Spitalfields and visit the Square Pie Company (or Canary Wharf or Selfridges) http://www.squarepie.com/
Wednesday 2 September 2009 9.31am
There is also a Square Pie outlet at Spitalfields.

Doggetts pub on the south side of Blackfriars Bridge has a big pie menu (I could be wrong but I think they "outsource" their pie menu to the same people as The Blackfriar....menu looks the same...but they are good).

The recently opened Mother Mash on Leadenhall street does realyl nice pies...but from memory their checken pie is a chicken, ham & Leek.
Thursday 3 September 2009 12.38pm
Greensmiths on Lower Marsh do some brilliant pies, I spied their steak and kidney the other day and my mind drifted back to winter... Got to have pie for dinner soon...
Thursday 3 September 2009 4.37pm
canteen royal festival hall do great pie and mash
Sunday 6 September 2009 3.13pm
Wow! Many thanks to all who have reverted. My sister has gone home but another pie-loving sister is here with me now. We shall both be going for a pie tasting adventure shortly.
PJK
Sunday 6 September 2009 10.56pm
I love chicken and mushroom pie too and can now vouch for the chicken, leek and mushroom pie on the BBC website. Made it tonight and it was yummay. I did cut back on the 5 fluid ounces of olive oil tho! Figured that had to be a typo. Also cheated and used a store bought shortcrust.
KP
Tuesday 8 September 2009 3.01pm
While on the subject of Pie Tourism, I can recommend this establishment. http://www.theravenofbath.co.uk/food.html
Wednesday 9 September 2009 7.49pm
As Clarice mentioned earlier, both doggetts , and the blackfriar source thier pies from Brakes frozen foods.
this is the same as The Mudlark and hornimans ( also in SE1)
they are all part of mitchells and butlers "nicholsons" brand
Friday 11 September 2009 1.12am
The Gladstone Pub in Lant St SE1 sell Pieminister pies every day and even in the evenings
www.myspace.com/theglad
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions