London SE1 community website

Kids eating in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Friday 11 September 2009 11.25am
Mr_Dog wrote:
All children are evil. FACT!

I thought that I had gone out on a limb or perhaps pushed the envelope a tad, but Mr. Dog, you make me sound like St. Francis or St. Nicholas!
Friday 11 September 2009 12.40pm
Mr_Dog wrote:

Indeed - they plan to take over the world one day.
Sunday 13 September 2009 12.16am
serge wrote:
And finally, sarah2, Del Aziz like Tas are chains!

TAS was not a chain when my children were toddlers. It was a new and very busy venue in The Cut. My son actually asked to have his 4th birthday meal there, because the waiters were lovely and there was a real sense of occassion. Perhaps this attitude is one of the reasons it grew into a chain.

I did not eat out a lot when I was a child, but we did get taken up to Soho to some quite famous restaurants for big family occassions. We were expected to behave properly and we did. I assume the same from my children.

There is something strange about the way it appears to be assumed that all children are badly behaved and that it is inevitably the parents fault.

To a large extent London children are expected to be invisible. My daughter has just started commuting to school by tube and for the first week we have been taking her part of the way. We are astonished how many quite small children we now spot navigating their way through London rush hour on their own with huge and heavy rucksacks. We just never noticed them before. A group misbehaving would be noticed and presumably the assumption would be that children dont know how to behave and so should not use public transport.
Tuesday 15 September 2009 9.17pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
Mr_Dog wrote:

I thought that I had gone out on a limb or perhaps pushed the envelope a tad, but Mr. Dog, you make me sound like St. Francis or St. Nicholas!

:->
Sunday 27 September 2009 11.57am
Hi Big Phil,

Your post on another thread reminded me of this
Quote:
keep an eye out for our opening weekend which includes a family sunday lunch.
cant say which pub we are buying for another few days.
but will let you all know as soon as possible
cheers all
".
Any news?

Phil
Sunday 27 September 2009 2.11pm
just waiting on the survey report and we should be exchanging any day now.
Monday 28 September 2009 11.29am
Good luck.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions