London SE1 community website

Conman In Leathermarket Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 26 October 2009 10.04am
Welcome Mutton. Good to see new people on here but a shame to see the conman is still plying his "trade".
Thursday 10 March 2011 12.57am
He is now back outside Simply Indian and tried to convince me of the chicken story at 2:30 am on 9 March 2010.

What put me off was the fact it was chicken and that Simply Indian had charged more more several times than the price on their printed menu, so I don't go there any more.

I suggested that if he wanted money, he could put a refund on my card through the machine in the shop and I could then take it out at the cash machine. He replied that the restaurant was locked, which calls into questions how he wanted to unload the chicken.
Saturday 12 March 2011 11.10am
Yup he is back in town!! He approached me outside Tesco's Long Lane at 1am a few Saturday ago.

As soon as he mentioned "Simply India" I knew who we was via this forum!! I told him I was aware of his scam as was the majority of SE! He just walked away looking sheepish.
Sunday 31 July 2011 5.05pm
I was approached and conned by this same man Mehmood Khan (asian man about 6 ft tall spoke english, punjabi and hindi) in front of Canary Wharf tube station. He said his vehicle ran out of fuel and he wanted me to help him push it to a gas station nearby. When I said he could buy fuel from a nearby gas station he said he forgot his wallet and had no money on him. He then requested me to help him and offerred me to keep his passport. It was a British passport and it looked genuine to me in one glance.
I said I din't want his passport and offered him 5 which would buy him enough fuel to move the vehicle to a gas station. Now, I know I've been an absolute idiot but he said he has to go to Leicester about 65 will get him there. He said he'll return me the money as soon as reaches home. He gave me his number 07415167064 (worked) and asked me to send my account details to him.

Needless to say his number wasn't reachable when I tried it the next day. I tried to report it to the police but they said this cannot be classed as a criminal offence as I willingly gave him money and refused to file a report.

Beware of this guy!
Sunday 31 July 2011 5.10pm
Forgot to mention that I paid him 70.

His Picture from another post in the same thread
Sunday 31 July 2011 5.23pm
That mobile number is either and Italian or Austrian...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=07415167064
Sunday 31 July 2011 5.32pm
Folks never EVER give anyone you don't know you bank account details!!!
Sunday 31 July 2011 10.16pm
rahulmisra204 wrote:
I was approached and conned by this same man Mehmood Khan (asian man about 6 ft tall spoke english, punjabi and hindi) in front of Canary Wharf tube station. He said his vehicle ran out of fuel and he wanted me to help him push it to a gas station nearby. When I said he could buy fuel from a nearby gas station he said he forgot his wallet and had no money on him. He then requested me to help him and offerred me to keep his passport. It was a British passport and it looked genuine to me in one glance.
I said I din't want his passport and offered him 5 which would buy him enough fuel to move the vehicle to a gas station. Now, I know I've been an absolute idiot but he said he has to go to Leicester about 65 will get him there. He said he'll return me the money as soon as reaches home. He gave me his number 07415167064 (worked) and asked me to send my account details to him.

Needless to say his number wasn't reachable when I tried it the next day. I tried to report it to the police but they said this cannot be classed as a criminal offence as I willingly gave him money and refused to file a report.

Beware of this guy!

Two things came to mind reading this, first of all it's incredible that anyone would be so dumb that they'd fall for this B.S. (If he had no money, what was he going to do if his car was pushed to the nearest gas station?)
And second of all, it's even more incredible that they'd admit to falling for it on a public forum.
Monday 1 August 2011 9.43am
There are two threads on this subject. I refer to my posting on 'Conman fleecing public money allert!' back on the 8th of September 2009. I can't believe this guy is still at large and plying his illegal trade. Yes, illegal. As I said back then, fraud is a crime, and so is obtaining money on false pretences. I said back then that the police aren't interested because it's not a serious enough crime in their book. But this is where victims have to be insistant. My daughter had money snatched out of her hand by a mini cab driver a couple of years ago, who said he would bring back the change. He didn't. When I reported it to the police they said it was a civil matter, not a police matter. BS! I lost my rag a little and asked the police how long ago it was that theft ceased to be a crime. I had a policeman at my door the next day and my daughter got her money back eventually. But the police took no action against the cab driver. If we let things like this go, then law and order is only going one way. Then what will our streets be like in 10 or 20 years time?
Monday 1 August 2011 9.54am
Was that contribution really necessary Debrajoan? What did it add to the discussion? How about thinking before typing about the feelings of the other person you are about to insult. I am sure you have never been the subject of a con yourself but when one day it happens please remember this moment and how instead of offering sympathy you simply decided to insult the person concerned. This kind of belittling attitude and thoughtlessness puts me right off this forum!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions