London SE1 community website

Conman fleecing public money Alert!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Wednesday 9 September 2009 10.39am
Ajyap,thanks for sharing this...

My partner returned home after a night out at approx 1.30am (Sunday morning) He was approached by similar guy on Long Lane by Tesco's (I showed him the picture and he assured me that it was not the same guy so maybe they are part of a group/gang)

The guy said his car was clamped with all the chickens from the restaurant (Simple India) inside it and the owner is on his way, but needs to empty the chickens and put them in the fridge etc. He then said that the clampers are on the way to release the car but he's 20 short. My partner being the nice guy that he is gave the guy 40!! (He did get a good telling off from me)

My partner said he saw no car and that the guy said it was parked a good distance away.

Before leaving 40 richer the guy said to call the restaurant at anytime and they will arrange for a free meal along with the 40 back. Needless to say neither of us called the restaurant as i knew immediately that it was part of a scam.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 11.36am
Sorry to be a killjoy, but regarding the 'mock-pregnancy' scam, rather than 10/10 for effort I would put her through a program of rehabilitaion! If she's not pregant now it's only a matter of time before she is. She will then be living on benefits and qualifying for a Council house ahead of responsibly minded young people who have been waiting months, if not years, for Council accommodation. Or, like a certain young woman round the corner from me who is unmarried with three children from three different men and is on benefits, she will be living in private rented accommodation courtesy of the tax payer. I'm not right-wing, but certain things make my blood boil!
There, are no doubt, unfortunate young women who find themselves in certain situations through no fault of their own. But they are a monority. It's about time this country stopped being a parasites paradise!
Wednesday 9 September 2009 11.49am
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 12.50pm
Colinio, I tried to get the police to track down the bogus tenant I had who sublet the flat she rented from me, didnt pay ANY bills, stopped paying rent to me, and left me out of pocket some 10,000. (I then found out that she'd done this several times to some other poor landlords, always with the same result).The police just say "tough luck" and "it's not a matter for the police". Why not? she gave fraudulent details, and despite paying a private investigator, only PAST addresses have surfaced, no future ones, and she's out there doing it all over again.

Ajyap, if you'll forgive me, I really cannot believe your naivete...
Wednesday 9 September 2009 1.02pm
Sorry to be a killjoy, but regarding the 'mock-pregnancy' scam, rather than 10/10 for effort I would put her through a program of rehabilitaion! If she's not pregant now it's only a matter of time before she is.

shes a local alkie/street person/big issue seller or whatever the "politically correct" term is these days
Wednesday 9 September 2009 2.43pm
Longranger: Yes, that was exactly what he told me too. He walked me to the cash withdrawal machine at Stamford Street and then i withdrew the money. I insisted to see his car before parting with my money. Then he said it was a far walk to his car, somewhere at Southwark Street. I walked until Blackfriars Bridge and relented to part my money as I thought he may be genuine. After that, I didn't hear from him anymore.

Phoney: It's people like Mahmood Khan that keeps the society suspicious of each other. People just don't want to do good anymore with so many of these people around.

Jackie R: Yes in hindsight I thought I was really naive.

Oh well, I'll see it as 25 lesson on the "trust". I just hope no one else will be swindled of their money. Posting this is the best I can do to help. I was just wondering if there are many encounters of this man, we can all lodge a report together to the police or CAB?
Wednesday 9 September 2009 3.42pm
chalkey wrote:
young people who have been waiting months, if not years, for Council accommodation

latest Govt initiative to build 2,000 council houses this year will take 800 years to match waiting list!
Wednesday 9 September 2009 4.00pm
I think a total ban on immigration for a year or two would help the housing depts.
then have old fashioned waiting list according to the years you are on it , not according to ' need' where if you are ' fruitful' and go forth and multiply etc... would not help..
Wednesday 9 September 2009 8.03pm
Jan/Graham,
I rest my case. (Reluctantly, because I could say a lot more.)
Wednesday 9 September 2009 8.34pm
Jan the old one wrote:
I think a total ban on immigration for a year or two would help the housing depts.
then have old fashioned waiting list according to the years you are on it , not according to ' need' where if you are ' fruitful' and go forth and multiply etc... would not help..

There was a program on Radio 4 about a year ago I think about all the small businesses, including small farms that only survive because of immigrants. British people won't work for them.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions