London SE1 community website

Waterloo Brasserie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Tuesday 8 September 2009 4.10pm
I started off reading about a conman on the Southbank and now find out about the Waterloo Brasserie offer!
Zoe
Tuesday 8 September 2009 4.12pm
Do you think that's why my parcel with my bike light hasn't come? I thought it was the usual rubbish post, it's a bit sad when you can't tell the difference.

I don't like Waterloo B anyway as they pulled out the plants on Emma Cons, so I'm not suprised by this, but I am biased of course!
Tuesday 8 September 2009 6.48pm
Another one who got no reply.

It seems PR firms don't succeed when up against the not-easily-hoodwinked SE1-ers (I'm thinking Vinopolis-gate).

Check out the blurb of the PR company running the Waterloo Brasserie promotion.

http://www.daviestanner.com/about-us/
Tuesday 8 September 2009 7.02pm
You are not missing much.

http://www.hardens.com/az/restaurants/london/se1/waterloo-brasserie.htm

Difficult to get a lower score.

Reflects my experience precisely.

All very odd, great location, the owners are not idiots, but it is not good. The bar is though.
Tuesday 8 September 2009 7.13pm
I applied and heard nothing.
Tuesday 8 September 2009 8.13pm
They do write a lot of stuff and nonsense don't they? And then they go and make a complete hash of it! Another couple of potential customers lost here.
Tuesday 8 September 2009 8.19pm
heard nothing either!!
we tried it when it origianlly oppened.. food was fine but over priced. had the iopinion it was a bit special.
the problem is the decor was dreadfull .glitz up pretensions aimed at city boys, the interior designer wants shooting cos it must have cost a fortune..
a simple brasserie al la cote would work perfectly well..would be interested to know what it looks like . tho i fear its a money pit...
Wednesday 9 September 2009 10.50am
I heard zilch, not even a confirmation email.

Service has always been appalling - I once found a pretty large blonde hair in my club sandwich (I'm not a blonde) and got an apology but no replacement.

Is it now under new ownership?
KP
Wednesday 9 September 2009 10.56am
At least it wasnt an ugly one! That would have been terrible.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 12.59pm
I have just looked at the PR co.s website. I hope the Waterloo Brasserie didn't pay them too much!!

I had never been inspired to try the place because of all the bad reviews I had seen and thought this was a great way of trying it out. But like most others I have heard absolutely nothing, I am starting to think that even if I was offered a complimentry meal here now I would refuse it!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions