London SE1 community website

Waterloo Brasserie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9
Wednesday 9 September 2009 12.19pm
I have brought this thread to the attention of Davies Tanner and suggested they might like to respond

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 9 September 2009 5.03pm
Hi all,

As part of the PR team who looks after the Waterloo Brasserie I wanted to come back to you all regarding the posts above…

Following mentions of the Waterloo review opportunity on London-SE1.co.uk, VisitLondon.com, LondonNet.co.uk and Twitter; we have been inundated with applications to become a Waterloo reviewer… to date we have received nearly 400 applications!

The high level of responses we received exceeded our expectations, but we have made a concerted effort to ensure all applicants receive an acknowledgment from us within 24 hours.

You should have received an email from us explaining that all successful applicants would be contacted within 5 working days of their initial email, to arrange their review. The email also outlined that those who were unfortunately unsuccessful would receive a ‘Friends of Waterloo' card in the post (which entitles the user to discounts and privileges in the restaurant and bar). As long as you sent us your postal address, you will receive this card this month. Please just bear with us, we are sending them out as fast as we can!

This evening I will redistribute the original acknowledgment email to all of those who have applied… and I will also redistribute emails to the successful reviewers who are yet to come back to us. If you have not received anything by tomorrow please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or on my direct dial 01892 617905.

If anyone has any further questions or comments… you are most welcome to give me a call or drop me an email on the above address.

Amy Scott
Wednesday 9 September 2009 9.38pm
Wonderful. But if the product is still c**p no amount of PR will change it.

Goodnight and goodbye
Wednesday 9 September 2009 11.29pm
Ouch!
Thursday 10 September 2009 9.03am
Well, now that's two email acknowledgements I haven't received from Waterloo Brasserie.......!
Thursday 10 September 2009 9.25am
Hmm! I finally received said acknowledgement yesterday evening, just before they posted on here. Apparently, I'll be told within 48 hours if I have been successful. I'm afraid I really didn't like the slightly patronising tone of the email and the fact that it only arrived when prompted by this thread.

They should have forseen they would have so many applications.

Unfortunately for them, if I am "successful", they are going to have to work very hard indeed to get a decent review out of me now. Although, of course, once they've read this, I'll no doubt end up with an unwanted "Friend" card...

I'm not normally curmudgeonly but this has really annoyed me.
Thursday 10 September 2009 9.53am
suziq wrote:
Well, now that's two email acknowledgements I haven't received from Waterloo Brasserie.......!

Me too!

So I guess the old saying 'There's no such thing as a free lunch' is true.

Ah well...
Thursday 10 September 2009 10.39am
I think everyone is rushing to complain a bit too much. We are talkig about the restaurant giving away FREE meals and if you're not succesful you get so pretty good discounts. No connection etc but just think people are just a bit too quick to condemn.
Thursday 10 September 2009 11.08am
Can't disagree more williamn. I think we should all head down to Waterloo Brasserie tonight and demand our free food. Who do these people think they are? And after that we should storm the Old Vic and demand that Kevin plays out the best scenes from the Usual Suspects for us. We're entitled!
Gimme gimme gimme!
Thursday 10 September 2009 11.45am
I don't think it's a case of anyone feeling entitled to anything. I think that the majority of people are just moaning about it because nobody from Davies Tanner got back to those that had applied and so no one knew what was going on. That was why the thread was started..

You may have also noticed that not a single person has responded with a 'I got response and was asked to come in and review it'. This all makes makes me think that it was all just a PR exercise about measuring the response of the forums for their own PR purposes.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions