London SE1 community website

Waterloo Brasserie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 4 of 9
Thursday 10 September 2009 1.12pm
Thank you Gwynaethva, for explaining it exactly. It was the possibility of sharp practice that caused annoyance, not the lack of a free dinner!

This is the one thing that I find really difficult about forums (fora?), the quickness of some to launch personal attacks.
Thursday 10 September 2009 1.37pm
Gwynaethva this morning I received the email that I'd be notified within 48 hours as to whether I'd been successful. On returning to my desk a little later I have received an email advising that I have been successful and have been offered a free dinner for 2.
Thursday 10 September 2009 2.31pm
Clarice wrote:
Gwynaethva this morning I received the email that I'd be notified within 48 hours as to whether I'd been successful. On returning to my desk a little later I have received an email advising that I have been successful and have been offered a free dinner for 2.

Ahhh good! It's nice to see that my cynicism was unfounded! :o)
Thursday 10 September 2009 8.11pm
Not even an acknowledgement here!
Thursday 10 September 2009 8.37pm
its highly suspicious..
wonder if they appeared on other forums. basically the 400 wont be darkening their gaudily dsigned doors in future..
may be worth saying part of the problem with the place is you cannot see what was going insid the place too many curtains ,blinds etc.. who wants to walk in somewhere when they cant see what its like inside. has it changed?
Friday 11 September 2009 9.41am
Yes, it has changed - a bit like a goldfish bowl now.

So much so that I was able to see that there were only two people in there on Tuesday night, two on Wednesday but last night it seemed pretty busy about 10pm with a few tables occupied and several sitting at the bar.

The cynic in me says they must have been the "lucky" ones having their free dinner...
Thursday 17 September 2009 6.29pm
after falling for the poorly carried out PR scam.
had a walk past and a look in to the brasserie.

not a lot to report. they have replaced the only normal dining are with leather sofas ( al la every chain bar in existence)

the curtains are down so its open and apart from that nothing changed,

they still have all the dining chairs , that are midway between /stool and dining chair so everyone looks a little precarious and uncomfortable..

sorry to stay it looks lifeless and reminiscent of a bad 80s airport lounge bar...

tick tock!
Tuesday 22 September 2009 11.48am
Well, after three weeks I'm just dying to know if anyone has had their free meal or their customer loyalty card? Speaking as one of those who never even received a reply and who will not be visiting Waterloo Brasserie, would like to satisfy my curiosity!
Tuesday 22 September 2009 3.01pm
suziq wrote:
Well, after three weeks I'm just dying to know if anyone has had their free meal or their customer loyalty card? Speaking as one of those who never even received a reply and who will not be visiting Waterloo Brasserie, would like to satisfy my curiosity!

Me too! :o)

Who were the 'lucky' people? Anyone have any news?
Tuesday 22 September 2009 4.19pm
I'm booked in for my free dinner next Thursday 1st Oct (out of 4 or 5 dates I provided I did advise this was my preferred option).
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 4 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions