London SE1 community website

Waterloo Brasserie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9
Friday 2 October 2009 2.49pm
I have a reasonably close connection to one of the clients listed on that web page.

I would not dream to suggest who they engage to run their PR campaigns. However I will bring this thread to my contact's attention to allow them to exercise caution.

How silly that Davies Tanner's apology and explanation has been destroyed by their own staff's attempt to decieve!

Were I'd adivising Waterloo Brasserie I'd suggest they write apologizing for their agent's mistake and assuring appropriate action will be taken. It appears they are as much a victim of this sorry tale as their customers.
Friday 2 October 2009 2.49pm
OMG.... Disgraceful!!

I must admit that I now always give the place dirty looks whenever I go past on the number 1 bus!

And thank you James for your continued efforts in keeping the forum free from all the wolves in sheeps clothing!
Friday 2 October 2009 3.03pm
James, I forgot to thank for you for your input, as always. I love it when companies get their just deserts! I can not beleive that Waterloo Brasserie's previous PR offered you a free meal if you took the bad reviews off this site!! what other things have you been offered?
Friday 2 October 2009 4.24pm
There's no need to feel sorry for Waterloo Brasserie. It's owned by Robert Bourne, who owns the Old Vic, Ronnie Scotts, etc. As well as most of Waterloo. He's fabulously rich and donates squillions to the Labour Party. His company Bourne Capital, are among Davies Tanner's 'other' clients.

One would hope Davies Tanner are confident enough in their relationship with him to risk generating such negative local publicity.
Friday 2 October 2009 4.49pm
Or maybe I am naive in thinking that Robert Bourne gives a stuff what local people think.

http://www.rivieralife.tv/riviera_life_property.htm

"Property developer Robert Bourne to shut Cap Ferrat Zoo for luxury spa. Five hundred Cap Ferrat residents are facing eviction at the end of September. They are the animals at the local zoo who are making way for a new €112 million luxury complex. The zoo's fate was sealed when it was acquired by British property developer Robert Bourne. He is a renowned patron of the arts, along with his wife Sally Green. Through a trust they operate the Old Vic and Criterion Theatres in London. He also owns Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club. His company Bourne Capital also own a new luxury hotel, Le Grand Bleu in St. Tropez.

Locals have protested the demise of the much loved zoo. Established in 1949, it attracts 150,000 visitors a year. One local commented "The zoo is being sacrificed on the altar of a London millionaire's caprice." The new luxury spa complex will include a hotel and a plastic surgery centre. The zoo which covers an area of 16,000 msq was sold to Bourne Capital last November by Véolia for a reported €11 million. Local mayor René Vestri described the closure of the zoo as 'regretable' adding that he cannot interfere in private business deals. Nice mayor Christian Estrosi is reported as saying, "I will be keeping a close eye on the development to ensure that it respects local environmental regulations."
Friday 2 October 2009 5.10pm
James Hatts wrote:
I should also add that I am fairly confident that "Sarah Muthoni" who posted above has a closer link to the Brasserie than her message implies.
Why ofcourse James Hatts- one person points out something good about the Brasserie MUST be ingenuine. I happen to have lived here for over 5 years and yes (shock) enjoy going to the brasserie!
Friday 2 October 2009 7.59pm
Sarah Muthoni wrote:
Why ofcourse James Hatts- one person points out something good about the Brasserie MUST be ingenuine. I happen to have lived here for over 5 years and yes (shock) enjoy going to the brasserie!

Sarah, James has access to the IP and email addresses of those who post here so it was probably something more than just the fact that your only posts here have been supportive of the WB that made him suspicious. If you are genuinely unconnected to the business it might be an idea to drop him a line and I'm sure he'll be happy to clarify it but quite a few people have made the mistake of trying to argue out of a similar position in the past.
Saturday 3 October 2009 8.49am
Sarah Muthoni wrote:

Well, even if you are genuine, you have to admit that it looks a bit suspicious when someone who has lived here so long suddenly registers for this forum in order to make their very first post in defense of a restaurant that no-one else has a good word for?

Add to that the fact that online searches for "Sarah Muthoni" appear to suggest that there is no-one by that name in the phone book nor on the Electoral Roll.
Saturday 3 October 2009 8.59am
Just wanted to say that we (including James) don't turn detective on everyone! We think new members are lovely and we love you on our forum. We just get quite upset by some very rare sneaky ones.
Saturday 3 October 2009 9.56am
I got the same email back from them, and i went and they did give me the 10%... but then i realised i get the same discount at my Gym round the corner, and i think maybe it's something they offer alot...

Initially i wasn't happy i heard nothing from them, but actually the place is cool - food was pretty nice, but the place has such a nice look. Pricey, but not over priced.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions