London SE1 community website

Waterloo Brasserie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9
Saturday 3 October 2009 12.04pm
Neil - spot on. Thank you for saying that so well.

beetroot - absolutely.

I can now confirm that Sarah's two posts originate from Bourne Capital's own internet connection at the Waterloo Business Centre which is in the same building as Waterloo Brasserie.

Now, to be scrupulously fair, the Waterloo Business Centre does of course have a range of tenants in its serviced offices, but you can draw your own conclusions.

(To be clear, there's not even a tiny bit of doubt about PeterPiper being from Davies Tanner, by the way).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 3 October 2009 1.59pm
waterloo brass-neck!
Sunday 4 October 2009 8.04am
Another lost customer..

Just returned from my hols and caught up with this. I too received the inept email. I wasn't pleased, but mistakes sometimes happen. If they occur however isn't it trite to say that you should admit your mistake and apologize (and everyone moves on). I don't consider that this is what WB/DT have done. They have tried to further manipulate an already dire situation.

I have previously eaten at the WB (twice). It wasn't incredible, but it was generally fine (hence going twice). I will however not return again.
Saturday 7 November 2009 12.50pm
I walked past a very empty Waterloo Brasserie the other evening and wondered if anyone had heard from them recently? I certainly haven't; do you reckon my Loyalty Card was lost in the postal strikes!
Saturday 7 November 2009 3.07pm
I received an envelope from this mob on Thursday. It certainly felt like it might have been discount cards.

There was only one thing to do....marked RTS, straight back to the letterbox.
Saturday 7 November 2009 7.08pm
We got our card the other day. I opened it, holding out hope for something more interesting, but it turned out to be the discount card and "welcome" letter.

The card itself was badly designed - white writing on a white background (in some places) didn't tend to show up too well!

It's binned now. Too many other really good food options (especially in a very competitive market) around.
Wednesday 18 November 2009 8.53am
I binned my card too. Has anyone actually eaten there and had a good meal since this whole debacle started?!
Wednesday 18 November 2009 6.57pm
no, mine went in the bin too after i specifically asked them not to send me one and remove me from their list.
i would be intersted in hearing from the winner of the free meal????
Monday 8 February 2010 11.38pm
Hoo Rah! James!
Tuesday 9 February 2010 12.21pm
Oh man! I have only just seen all this... I lurk and follow on twitter, but don't often comment.

I didn't get my card, thought about chasing it up but for 10% discount it didn't seem worth it.

I did eat there with my boyfriends parents before Christmas as we were dropping them back at the station. I thought the food was ok, the decor was terrible... They do a pre-theatre menu which makes the prices a bit more reasonable. I don't think I'll be going back now that I have read all this though.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions