London SE1 community website

Postal strike

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 17
Friday 11 September 2009 2.22pm
Riz Lateef..... if you say it quickly, it sounds like a cigarette paper thief. Are you a Rizlateef?
Friday 11 September 2009 3.46pm
nomad wrote:
Is there any point posting mail in SE1 to Clapham and N.London at the moment, I have some post to forward on, thanks.

I would recommned either a pigeon or dropping it off yourself - I don't think posting is going to work....
Friday 11 September 2009 5.24pm
I just got my Radio Times - for last week!
Friday 11 September 2009 6.48pm
What was on- anything worth missing?
Friday 11 September 2009 7.26pm
In 2004 we were in the process of moving to Hereford from Lincolnshire. It was a very stressful time as my wife was already renting a flat there while I remained in Lincolnshiire dealing with the sale of our house. Our buyer was the buyer from hell! He wanted the world and a bag to put it in! I had a document from our solicitor that my wife needed to sign and I sent it first class post. There was no point in sending it recorded delivery because she would have had to sign for it and would have been at work when it was delivered. It took eight days to arrive and there was no postal strike on at that time. My buyer accused us of delaying tactics and was on the verge of pulling out of the sale and we were only that document away from exchange of contracts on what had been a very protracted sale. We used to have the best postal service in the world but, unlike many other things in life, the Royal Mail has not improved with age.
I went to my local sorting office a few months ago with twenty six red elastic bands that my postman, sorry, postperson had dropped on my driveway over the previous two weeks. They gave me a number to ring. I said I didn't want him hanged drawn and quartered, but perhaps his supervisor could have a quiet word. I was told: "Nah, mate. It don't work like that."
Saturday 12 September 2009 1.08pm
Does anyone know exactly when our postal services will return to their sub-standard normal? There seems to be precious little accurate information.

I'm awaiting parcels, magazine subscriptions, birthday cards and presents...
Sunday 13 September 2009 11.25am
now have last week's TO - arrived Friday. no sign of this week's copy (9-16 Sept).
Tuesday 15 September 2009 11.58am
Now have the current edition of this week's TO: arrived yesterday
Tuesday 15 September 2009 3.43pm
can't you cancel TO and get an online subscription?
sent by email?

maybe we should just stop sending letters by Royal Mail, and get used to sending them by another carrier, and we could have letter boxes at the post offices, so we pick up our own mail whenever we want.

If you get rid of most of the postal delivery people, and make them postal sorting people, the post will probably arrive at your personal letter box, as the post office, very quickly.
Tuesday 15 September 2009 4.13pm
They're on strike again tomorrow...
I got my copy of last week's Time Out yesterday. I wish they'd swap to an alternative delivery company, there's plenty of them out there!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 17

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions