London SE1 community website

Postal strike

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 17
Sunday 20 September 2009 10.57pm
I'm off to my local sorting office tomorrow to try and locate my packages/ stage my very own 'we want our mail' flash mob.

Wish me luck!! ;o)
Monday 21 September 2009 3.04pm
Complete Joke!

Is how I would sum up the royal mail.

I havent had any post for nearly 2 weeks now and earlier today after coming back from a long week away saw a postman in another street and assumed they would now be delivering post again.

Well, I was wrong and now wish I had a word with him as most of the post workers appear to be brain dead morons anyway.

I think that there needs to be a new postal company to come on the market and give them a good shake up and cosidering the current financial climate they should be glad to have a job rather than complain about pointless new rules and regulations and then have the cheek to go on strike.

They should be ashamed of themselves and bow their heads in shame!
Monday 21 September 2009 4.42pm
I think they are rubbish...got to be honest here.

Over the years the service has become worse and worse.

The recent strikes will just encourage everyone who is already pretty dissatisfied to look for any other method of delivery rather than relying on the Royal Mail. These people are shooting themselves in the foot and don't either know or care about it. Whilst we all get annoyed they are all going to end up without jobs because of their actions not despite them.

Currently awaiting 5 packages with sent dates as far back as 2 weeks - 2 from 1 company and 3 from another. As for other post items who knows.

In the past 5 years - 3 credit cards gone astray, 2 CDs lost, 2 bank statements and 1 credit card statement missing. I sack of mail left in the lobby of my building (returned to sorting office with not even a thank you). Regular days (especially Saturdays)when post is not delivered (you can always tell because someone in the building where we have lots of flats will have received some mail every day even if I didn't).

The Roayal Mail is a dying business and technology will hurry that along, as will their own actions. Its only the same as has happened to many businesses over the last years and throughout history too. RIP.
Monday 21 September 2009 11.23pm
I went to the (Mandela Way) sorting office on Friday but they had nothing there for me even though lots of items are missing.
The friendly guy on the counter there said unfortunately most of it is still stuck up at the big nine elms sorting office and that it will be a few more days. Oh and that they are striking again this Wednesday!

Still waiting for Sept issue of 'Whats on stage' magazine that won't be much use in October when or if it arrives, and ebay parcel. a tesco package, a vistaprint package all been missing for over two weeks now...

I'll be interested to see if it ever appears or if it is convenently lost in the post (Ie. accidentally destroyed so the post office don't have to bother sorting it)
Tuesday 22 September 2009 9.24am
I should have stated in my previous post [19 September] that the get-well card took 8 days to travel between Lond Lane and Rotherhithe - via Bolton!
Tuesday 22 September 2009 7.04pm
I've just had a card to pick up a parcel, but it's telling me to go to the sorting office behind Walworth Road McDonald's , rather than my usual pick up point at Mandela Way. Is this a regular change, or have I been given a parcel card with the wrong sorting office on?
Tuesday 22 September 2009 9.18pm
it's a complete farce. striking should not be allowed. postal strikes, tube strikes, train strikes- are we living back in a previous era? there are 2.5million unemployed and rising, and i bet a lot of those people would jump at the chance of a job on the trains or at RM, even in the current conditions that those who are striking are complaining about. people should be thankful they have a job at all, and stop moaning, and get on with it, or perhaps visit a "third world" country, instead of causing misery for the hard working people that try and carry on. apologies for offending anybody.
Tuesday 22 September 2009 10.05pm
darrenm wrote:
apologies for offending anybody

Darren - you spoke the truth sir - don't apologise for offending the undefendable.
Wednesday 23 September 2009 2.00am
Got home Monday p.m. to find a card left at 13.00 to say that a package would be at Mandela Way sorting office, allow 24 hours before coming to collect it.
Went there at 15.00 today, (Tuesday), only to told that it hadn't been brought back yet.
"Why, has the guy been out all day, all night, and most of today since leaving the card yesterday?" I asked.
Fortunately, my attempt at humour didn't appear to annoy him, "Come back Thursday or Friday mate, it MIGHT be here by then," he offered.
Wednesday 23 September 2009 1.52pm
In the 80's Ronald Reagan sacked all the stiking air traffic controllers. Why not sack them all. No one's getting any post anyway, a lot is junk and the importanat stuff will quickly be re routed.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 17

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions