London SE1 community website

Southwark Council repairs award

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 17 September 2009 3.52pm
Eileen, the council used to have a scheme where they paid YOU for missed appointments if THEY did not turn up, cant remember 40 or 50 pounds? I wonder if this has gone the way of the old council switchboard where the old operators used to know who to complain to straight away because they knew who the heads of the departments were!
I would enquire about it...do you have a tenants handbook still?
Zoe
Thursday 17 September 2009 8.47pm
It's 50, they still do it.
Thursday 17 September 2009 9.25pm
Jan, I know they used to pay you a sum of money for jobs that were not finished by the allocated time and you made an 'official complaint' but I don't really know if they still do it. In fact, I received 25 when I made a complaint 12 years ago but it was not because they didn't finish the work it was because they (the housing office) refused to acknowledge that it was urgent. At that time you contacted your housing office direct in the first instance for anything. I had no drinking water in the house and in my estimation that constitutes urgent in anyone's book but at the time I was having chemotherapy and I had to drink at least 2 litres of water a day (flush out the toxins). I faxed the hospital information to them but it was just one surly and rude person that refused to acknowledge the urgency of it and in the end a family friend came from Sussex and fixed it. I shall have to dig out the tenants handbook, me thinks the last one issued was about 6 years ago, although it is probably filed somewhere where it shouldn't be. ha ha ha.
Thursday 17 September 2009 9.47pm
I had to call for 2 plumbing problems, the plumbers that came were well behaved, polite, punctual, and everything that I could hope for. My central heating is primed ready for the winter, and my cistern flushes with a velvet smooth action. It simply couldn't have been more satisfactory.
That's all.
Thursday 17 September 2009 11.33pm
i have took them to court had 2 court order's they still failed to do the work.....good job i have cctv to keep dater on every thing i have had to put up with SHAME ON SOUTHWARK COUNCIL AND THE COWBOY BUILDER'S

repairs award MY BUTT......Still to this day i have outstanding repairs same on them
Friday 18 September 2009 9.04am
Eileen, you poor thing, God forbid if any one has that happen to them now, get onto the press and your councillor...I'd still get me money for the missed appointments though!
Monday 6 December 2010 7.57pm
Things have certainly deteriorated since then. Having reported damp in August, September, October, November, various inspectors have called, heating people have called, plumbers have called, people from various departments have called. All of them looked, asked questions, went back to their office and wrote another report. Kitchen floors are sodden with hot water, smell of damp is unbearable, all walls are damp and it's creaping along to neighbouring houses. We are now in December and no one department/inspector/contractor will accept responsibility and pull the floor boards up and fix the leak. What could have been a quick fix is turning into a major job, costing the council and ratepayers huge amounts of money. If it was privately owned it would have been fixed within a couple of days not 4 months and counting. We report to the repairs line weekly and ask for a name of someone with overall responsibility only to be told we have to follow proceedures and wait for someone to call us in five working days ... they don't call.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions