London SE1 community website

Pub reviews

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 12 October 2009 10.12am
I like the kings arms on tooley street as it is quirky, you can always get a seat/table, the lighting and furniture is soft and cosy and the food is normally good (if not a little expensive) bar staff seem to change a bit (and not overly friendly) but thats alright by me. I always have americans and australians staying who tend to think badly of british pubs and food, so I tend to take them here to shut them up! They have a good pub quiz and a half price rack of ribs and blues night on a tuesday. You also get a good mix of locals - my flatmate had a good night with a load of people off the boat houses at shad thames who tend to frequent there as well
Monday 12 October 2009 11.06am
Kings Arms Tooley Street is also my fave. I find the staff friendly, the food is good, the drinks are a bit pricey but they come with plenty of atmosphere. The bar nibble are outrageously priced so I tend to avoid them. Bombay Bingo (monthly at the moment) is an absolute hoot, as is the weekly quiz...thanks to Steve the guv'nor who is the host.

I went to The George Borough High St on Friday and was pleasantly suprised that they allow kids. I know there is conjecture on this site regarding kids being allowed out(!!) but as I had friends over from Germany, we were keen to have a drink with the whole family. It's a decent watering hole and a bit of a novelty for tourists so I appreciated the fact we could all go. Just avoid the food!
Monday 12 October 2009 4.04pm
The Woolpack, Bermonsey st and The Royal Oak on Tabard st get my votes. However if I have friends visitin from overseas or outta town The Market Porter on a saturday arvo wins every time.
Tuesday 13 October 2009 1.17pm
Music: The Gladstone, always good, a little bit more unusual compared to normal pubs around and they have Pie Minister pies.

For Sunday dinner and a read of the papers: The Royal Oak - nice pub, good ales.

Late drinks on a Sat evening: The Rose on Snowfields.
Somewhere a bit different:

Sitting in a beer garden: The Woolpack

Somewhere completely different: Shunt
Tuesday 13 October 2009 10.52pm
Folks , remember to post your review in the food and drink review section as well.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions