London SE1 community website

20-storey tower for Newington Causeway: plans go on display

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
TAK
Monday 7 November 2011 10.32pm
bigphil wrote:
I think you'll find its now pretty much compulsory for any pub/bar/club to have signs up at its exits reminding punters to leave quietly and be respectful of the neighbours.

I'm quite sure when I pass by at early hours returning home MOS play music in the open entrance 'courtyard'. I've always been surprised about that. I guess having music outside your venue doesn't help to calm down the crowd when they leave I would have thought....
Monday 7 November 2011 10.53pm
bigphil wrote:
I think you'll find its now pretty much compulsory for any pub/bar/club to have signs up at its exits reminding punters to leave quietly and be respectful of the neighbours.

Those signs are both useless and pointless.

Drunk revellers do not read them or obey them.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 7.13am
Anyone see the clip on BBC London News yesterday evening? Oakmayne giving voice. Plenty of querying of the large sums donated to Simon Hughes, and a certain amount of flannelling from MOS and Southwark Council..
Wednesday 9 November 2011 7.22pm
BSB , I do agree , the signs are a waste of time but unfortunatly in a lot of cases, thats all that may be stipulated on a licence with regards to noise control.

Tak. if music is being played outside after 9pm ( this may be different with councils) then you do indeed have grounds for complaint. outside music is off the licenced premises and needs a seperate T.E.N. and this would be normally limited to 10 - 10.30 pm ( same as concerts, etc)

most venue Licences will have a condition that at least 2 doors have to be closed when music is played over a certain noise level. this supposedly creates a noise barrier???

but to the general noise of people to or from the club/ bus stops, tube etc, there is very little that the venue can control/ or be held accountable for.

NB; to give an example of noise control, we had a visit from the noise control officer during a world cup football match. apparently a neighbour deemed the cheering too loud!
This may help with an indication of what degree of commonsense may be displayed by some councils.
Please note, the pub wasnt The Crown and it wasnt southwark council...

cheers

phil
Saturday 7 September 2013 2.42pm
This tower is going to be called 'The Signal'

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28081485.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 7 September 2013 5.52pm
James Hatts wrote:

I just looked at the floorplan: it is a 3 bedroom apartment, but it does not appear to have a living room...
Sunday 8 September 2013 8.14pm
presumably split level? No kitchen either.
Monday 9 September 2013 2.34pm
Jules62 wrote:
James Hatts wrote:

I just looked at the floorplan: it is a 3 bedroom apartment, but it does not appear to have a living room...

That looks like a plan for one level of a duplex style flat, there are what appear to be stairs shown on the plan, off the landing. Don't think even the daftest developer has managed to design out a need for living and cooking space...yet.
Tuesday 10 September 2013 7.45am
Sure is peculiar...why is a second floor not indicated.Huge terrace though...
Tuesday 10 September 2013 9.16am
At 1.3M the old headline from Strata came to mind - 1M pound penthouse, just don't look down.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions