London SE1 community website

Car rental SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 October 2009 1.19pm
Hi there,

Does anyone know of any car hire places in the area that are open on a Sunday? All the one's I've looked at seem to be closed...

Thanks,

Ceirios
Thursday 8 October 2009 4.20pm
Hertz at Victoria Coach Station (SW1) open on Sunday. I don't think anyone else does.
Thursday 8 October 2009 4.46pm
I'd reccommend joining www.streetcar.co.uk . I don't have anything to do with them but we used to hire from Enterprise and Streetcar is just so much easier...loads of cars in SE1 and they are 'open' 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Best of all you can hire for any length of time form 1 hour to 1 week.
Thursday 8 October 2009 11.03pm
I am a member at streetcar as well and so far, I cannot complain. If you rent a car for 24 hours, up to 50 miles are free, after that you have to pay - I think it's 23p per mile- but petrol is free.
A friend recently recommended to rent a car at City airport, that seems to be the closest place from SE1 and if the Jubilee Line is not suspended, it is easy to get there.
Friday 9 October 2009 10.25am
I rented a van last week from Truckpoint who are also known as Car point. They have cars and are open on a Sunday. They're located on Borough Road
Friday 9 October 2009 11.40am
Thumbs up for Carpoint/Truckpoint from me, too. We always use them (no connnection - just a happy repeat customer)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 9 October 2009 12.57pm
Thanks for the recommendations, I've booked with one with Carpoint. For future reference if anyone's interested, they had a pretty good weekend deal Fri midday to Mon am 82.
Friday 9 October 2009 5.16pm
I'm with Zipcar and they are really good too.

no connections etc

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions