London SE1 community website

DIY Store

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 October 2009 8.47am
Hello,

I live on tooley street and need to buy a curtain rail ( a proper old fahioned one rather than a pole) and curtain hooks. Does anyone know a good place within 3 or so miles? I will need to get public transport or walk.

Cheers
Julia
Monday 12 October 2009 9.25am
These people come to mind they are on the old Kent rd.

http://dreamcurtaindesigns.com
Monday 12 October 2009 11.13am
cheers nigel.
Tuesday 13 October 2009 12.47pm
There's a hardware shop on Tower Bridge Road, just south of Bermondsey Street, and there's a larger DIY shop further down TBR towards Bricklayers Roundabout.

Support your local shops! (No connection)
Wednesday 14 October 2009 1.14pm
B&Q on OKR? The hardware shop in the E&C shopping centre. The DIY shop that is where the Tea Museum used to be?
Wednesday 14 October 2009 8.36pm
I like the DIY shop where the tea museum used to be, I have found everything there from a new syphon for my loo to hinges to fix my son's desk. The staff is quite friendly and the prices are much better than B&Q. As they are part of a chain, I am not sure they count as a local shop though.
Thursday 15 October 2009 8.32am
Leyland SDM is on Southwark Street, opposite the Menier Chocolate factory, really knowledgable people and a good range of decorating gear.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions