London SE1 community website

NHS dentist?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 13 October 2009 12.52pm
Does anyone know of a good NHS dentist in the area? Thanks! x
Tuesday 13 October 2009 1.24pm
It's not in SE1, but not too far away... Wandsworth Dental Centre on Wandsworth Road SW8, which is about 5 mins from Vauxhall on the 77 bus. They do take new NHS patients, and the dentist I see is very friendly. I don't have any connection to the surgery other than being a satisfied patient.

There is also a new NHS dentist about to open on Horseferry Road, SW1, close to Lambeth Bridge, on the C10 bus route.
Wednesday 14 October 2009 7.55am
G K Ooi
Dentists
Tel: 020 7582 1668
Address: 302 Kennington Road London SE11 4LD
Wednesday 14 October 2009 8.23am
Again, not quite SE1 but I go to on MP Dental on Jamaica Road and they have been very good.

They also have a hygienist which costs 35 a time, which is much cheaper than I have paid elsewhere.
Wednesday 14 October 2009 9.26am
Thank you very much! I will look into each of them. All of them are pretty close. Yes Gorse - 35 is reasonable for a dental hygienist, thanks!
Wednesday 14 October 2009 10.31am
I second MP Dental, close to Bermondsey tube.
Wednesday 14 October 2009 12.06pm
I think on here someone said in a previous posting that some dentist only take NHS patients if they are on benefits?
Wednesday 14 October 2009 12.20pm
Wandsworth Dental Centre will definitely take paying NHS patients. I joined a couple of years ago, and several colleagues have since joined. They also don't have a catchment area. And their hygienist is 35, too - although I didn't realise this was cheap when paying for a couple of sessions!

http://www.wandsworth-dental-centre.co.uk/contact.htm
Friday 16 October 2009 9.36am
Thanks again. Will be registering with MP dental.
Tuesday 27 October 2009 1.19pm
I went to MP Dental yesterday - very good. The best I been to in London
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions