London SE1 community website

78 bus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 6 of 11
Friday 21 May 2010 10.25am
AlisonUtterly wrote:
Oh thank GOD. This is brilliant news, thanks for posting. Why the 78 hasn't changed to a doubledecker service before now beats me, just the worst bus to have to use (and, natch, the only one that goes by my work).
There is a low bridge on the route in Nunhead which has required that the 78 bus is a single decker. I wonder if this means that the 78 bus route has changed in SE15.
Saturday 22 May 2010 12.27am
It used to go only as far as Peckham Rye, and before that it used to go down to Forest Hill.
Tuesday 25 May 2010 10.50am
From the latest batch of questions to the Mayor of London

Question from Valerie Shawcross
"In answer to my MQT 0730/2010 you told me that TfL are considering putting double-deckers onto this route. When will a decision be taken and will stakeholders be consulted prior to a final decision being made?"

Answer from the Mayor
"TfL has consulted stakeholders in February 2010 on a proposal to operate the 78 with double deck buses, and is considering the feedback it received.  TfL anticipates that it will be in a position to provide feedback by the end of May."

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 22 July 2010 4.58pm
There have been a few worries expressed from Nunhead peeps that the change to double decker for the 78 might mean a shortening of the route. I am pleased to report that TfL have done trial runs - can get a doubler decker under all the bridges etc and plan to run a double decker service for the 78 on exactly the same route as now. That should, I hope, make life for 78 users better for the future. Phew!
Thursday 22 July 2010 6.16pm
"peeps"

What does it say about the standards of education these days when our elected representatives use such slang?

I presume it has been posted by one of VS's staff, but that still does not excuse such rubbish.

Edited to add: I note VS's website states she has a Masters degree in education and was Chair (sic) of the Croydon Borough Education Committee. What hope does the next generation have.
Thursday 22 July 2010 7.14pm
Oh Mappy - chill out mate.

Val or one of her staff is doing a good job for us peeps.
Thursday 22 July 2010 7.20pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
"peeps"
What does it say about the standards of education these days when our elected representatives use such slang?

That they have been educated as to the difference between a web forum and a Parliamentary debate or an English exam? Appropriate use of language (i.e. that it can often be dependent on medium and audience) is even in the GCSE syllabus.
Thursday 22 July 2010 10.41pm
I agree with aboves.
Friday 23 July 2010 12.01am
Double Deckers! Brilliant news!! *Grins*

Now I just hope that they stop cutting their route short and stopping at Liverpool Street or Aldgate when they are running late - I have to go all the way to the end of the route, Drivers!
Tuesday 14 September 2010 7.56pm
Val - well done on the improvements to the 78 route, if we really get double deckers I will be so thankful to you. Shame you didn't get elected last time too!We need people like you who are local , care, listen and do something about it.
My deepest sympathy also to the local 78 driver & his family, he was killed by a hit and run driver this month. His funeral is this friday. Peter
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 6 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions