London SE1 community website

London Bridge 'gory scenes' petition

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 5 of 9
Tee
Wednesday 28 October 2009 10.33pm
LBE is very tacky. It makes me cringe. The problem with LD are the queues and the badly made-up 'actors' shoving flyers in your face.
Thursday 29 October 2009 12.04am
The queues outside LB station should be better controlled to allow entry and exit for able bodied for the elderly for wheelchair users for Mums with buggies. Obvious and simple. Nothing should interfere with that.

The pavement promotion of the LBE should be stopped. It is the tackiest piece of c**p in London. Name something worse? I haven't seen anything that comes close anywhere anytime in the world in my well travelled life. It's an embarrassment. Who gives a stuff who owns it.
Thursday 29 October 2009 7.04am
spacemaker. You wanna get out more. The make out butchers in Borough market look just as bad with there phoney clothes and dead animals for effect hanging up! Its even a phoney market for god sake. (Was not there in its current state 20 years ago) Get a life and stop worrying about tacky things.
Last week there were a load of nutters hanging from lamp posts with Southwark footing the bill for the security at London Bridge. Bet you loved that?
Thursday 29 October 2009 7.31am
real-se1 no need for the attitude. LBE is a tacky downmarket eyesore. the procurers who work outside are offensive and arrogant (someone should tell them they dont own the pavement).LD isnt much better but at least it can claim to be somewhat original. i dont have a problem so long as they stay inside their premises but when they go public they offend my sense of good taste.
btw your comments on borough market are just plain dumb
Thursday 29 October 2009 7.46am
BP Your not from the Biorough you moved here when it became trendy. Did you know the Tate was once a power station? You would have run a mile in them days!!!
Thursday 29 October 2009 8.37am
real se-1: why do you make negative comments against people who have moved here?? it seems an unhealthy stance to take. People move out, other people move in. Old dilapodated buildings are renovated or rebuilt and the area regenerated. New businesses move in and create employment.

LBE is horrible to walk past. It's a lot more freaky for kids and just unpleasant.
Thursday 29 October 2009 9.26am
[quote real-se1]Its even a phoney market for god sake. (Was not there in its current state 20 years ago)[\quote]

Like the phoney internet, do you mean?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 29 October 2009 9.47am
boroughpaul wrote:
real-se1 no need for the attitude. LBE is a tacky downmarket eyesore. the procurers who work outside are offensive and arrogant (someone should tell them they dont own the pavement).LD isnt much better but at least it can claim to be somewhat original. i dont have a problem so long as they stay inside their premises but when they go public they offend my sense of good taste.

I agree - and clearly a feeble attempt to usurp business from the real London Dungeon. The Tooley St underpass looks especially cheap and nasty: and I don't care who owns it!
Thursday 29 October 2009 10.02am
incidently borough market i beleive has been around for approx. 250 years...its the rubbishy LB experience thats the unwanted new arrival
KP
Thursday 29 October 2009 10.57am
real-se1 wrote:
KP Dont suppose you have been effected by the Dungeons queue! The road outside LBE is no way near as busy as the LD!

Sorry to join you on the moral high ground Real SE1, but the LD queue affects me most days. Some days its orderly and people can get past, but mostly at busy times ie weekends, today (half term) it is not. I remember the LD being the first attraction in this area, along with Hays, when the rest of it (including the market in its wholesale guise) was dillapidated and in freefall.
I see the attractions as a positive thing that brings investment into the area, although I wouldnt go to either myself. That said, they cant have a free reign to do what they like, and need to operate within reasonable guidelines.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 5 of 9

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions