London SE1 community website

London Bridge 'gory scenes' petition

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Thursday 29 October 2009 8.59pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
ninja999 wrote:
I last went to the London Dungeon about 2 months ago , and to be honest during the tour of the place . It seemed the kids loved it whilst most of there parents were the ones that were screaming !!!!

At those prices I'm not surprised!

Heh heh ..the wonders of flashing emergency services ID ..didn't cost me a penny :PP
Thursday 29 October 2009 10.23pm
Borough Paul It has been around 250 years but was a wholesale fruit and veg market 20 years ago and you would never have gone near the place. You dont go down East Street cause its not trendy.To be honest you there are a few phoneys on here.
You wanna be from SE1 (you might live here now) thats why you come on here, but your wannabes.
Its alright for some street seller making a load of mess and blocking the road at Borough Market (thats cool uh) But you dont like it when its something you do not like and you dont want your mates who visit you (from an area you cant afford to live in) seeing a bit of tat when they visit you for some gwub at buwwa market.
KP
Friday 30 October 2009 11.07am
So RealSe1, are you suggesting that we should try and take the area back to what it was 15-20 years ago?. What exactly are you proposing? More spice warehouses, boat repair businesses, dilapidated buildings and a thriving sex industry perhaps? Areas anywhere dont stand still. They are living things and change with the times, for better or worse......
Friday 30 October 2009 11.26am
real-se1 wrote:
Borough Paul It has been around 250 years but was a wholesale fruit and veg market 20 years ago and you would never have gone near the place. You dont go down East Street cause its not trendy.To be honest you there are a few phoneys on here.
You wanna be from SE1 (you might live here now) thats why you come on here, but your wannabes.
Its alright for some street seller making a load of mess and blocking the road at Borough Market (thats cool uh) But you don't like it when its something you do not like and you don't want your mates who visit you (from an area you cant afford to live in) seeing a bit of tat when they visit you for some gwub at buwwa market.
What a load of drivel... I've lived in SE1/16 for more than 16 years. I'm not from here, I don't want to be from here... I'm not going to go native, whatever a native is... given that every area of London has a constantly shifting character due to economic and demographic changes.

I also have no interest in talking some mockney fool, but each to their own...

Borough Market is an overpriced food theme park as far as I can see...
Friday 30 October 2009 12.49pm
Wow "real-se1", you have a lot of pent up anger there my friend!

But I guess the username you chose says it all really - get on here and give the "new folks" a piece of you mind.

Well you do yourself no favors - you just make yourself look like a foolish bigot.
Friday 30 October 2009 3.54pm
Real-SE1

As someone who went to my Oxford college once said "Try anything once, except incest and morris dancing".

So, I've tried going native to be more like the people you appear to want us to be, but I can't get the hang of walking with my knuckles dragging along the ground, and synthetic sports casual-clothing really doesn't look very good on me.

Sorry.

Phil
Friday 30 October 2009 4.16pm
KP wrote:
What exactly are you proposing? More spice warehouses, boat repair businesses, dilapidated buildings and a thriving sex industry perhaps?
A heady brew, sounds good to me.
Sunday 1 November 2009 10.17am
KP Good post. You are obviously NOT from SE1 and have not lived here very long. The area has been pretty much developed since about 1988. There have been no boat yards here in the last 15-20 years either.
How you lot have got the cheek to moan about LD and LBE is beyond me. I was in London Bridge area last night and there was more anti social behaviour than I have seen in years. You want to get a petition about the night clubs and bars. How many people have been killed at the local licenced venues near or at London Bridge in recent years (someone who has been here over 10 years may need to answer this!!)
But then again its probably something you lot like doing.
Sunday 1 November 2009 10.53am
Your ranting posts are always good for a laugh!

Keep up the good work ;-)
Sunday 1 November 2009 11.18am
BSB Its not a rant its fact. You do not like it because its people like you that I talk about. You are a wannabe. Sitting there reading the Times telling people at work how wonderful life is in Southwark and how trendy it is to live here. Well I just tell the truth.
If you lot like something its fine If you dont then there wil be trouble. What is the difference with the Market Porter blocking the pavement and The Dungeons?I am standing up for the normal man in the street. I am looking out for the locals who dont go on websites but put together have a bigger voice.
The Dungeons were doing there thing long before you moved here.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions