London SE1 community website

London Bridge 'gory scenes' petition

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9
Monday 2 November 2009 9.10pm
jac What do you think jerry was saying about me? If you honestly dont know what he is calling me then lets wait for his answer. On the other hand if you do, then do one! Because that is exactly what I am saying about most of you on here.
Oh and for the record please note that places like the fort was not here 15 years ago. Apart from the Ship and Whale, but that was not like the Fort is now.
Monday 2 November 2009 9.55pm
Jac - don't waste your time trying to be nice.

The thing to do is collectively ignore forum posters who resort to personal insults.

It's just like when you ignore a spoiled child trying to get attention by screaming.
Monday 2 November 2009 11.21pm
Meanwhile, the petition is still open if anyone feels that they would like to request that LD and LBE tone down their marketing and keep the gore inside their premises.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 7.25am
I wonder if Canon Nunn follows this forum or even contributes under a pseudonym.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 8.04am
BSB I like the fact you have to ignore me. It gives me a buzz to know that you do not have the answers. You give it out but cant take it.
Keep it real.....
Tuesday 3 November 2009 10.07am
real-se1 wrote:
Beetroot
You seem to be defending the London Dungeons a bit too much. Here are some of my observations and comments on the matter.
I have read in the press and on this forum many times that there have been major issues with The London Dungeons queue line blocking the exits to LB station. The IRA even targeted the London Dungeons a few years back and I for one was always concerned with the queues blocking the station fire exits.
It seems to me that they only changed there queue to go the other way down Tooley St, when The London Bridge Experience opened and NOT when they were asked to by the locals for many years or in the interests of health and safety.
I for one think that the London Dungeons new approach to there long queues is great (although the pubs whos entrances are blocked off do not agree). I also think that The London Bridge Experience is doing a good job to build up there business. The fact that they have taken what was a Sex club and created a tourist attraction is also good. What would you rather have on your door step!
But the biggest thing I like is that the guys who own The London Bridge Experince are locals and not some offshore corporate body.
Obiously this post is about gore and I agree that both attractions use gore as do many others in promoting an attraction or event(e.g body works at the 02) The London Dungeons also use signs outside there attraction with shows a man holding a cut throat razor to a childs throat. They also use loads buses driving around London with scary images to promote there attraction.

real, I'm confused. What exactly is your point here?

Seems to me you started off by criticising the Dungeons but have now changed your opinion to defend them and turned on the pubs and the market traders.

Almost like you're being antagonistic for the sake of it...

In my opinion the LD queues need to be better managed because they affect access to a major transport hub - it appears that they have been forced to change their approach by both the marketing and queuing by the new LBE.

Reading through the posts I can't find another supporter of LBE so perhaps the solution is to close down that tacky 'attraction' - I'm sure a great number of tourists would benefit by not getting ripped off by an impostor anyway.

The pubs probably need to do a better job of managing their customers outside too (I'm sure the smoking ban hasn't helped) but that's a completely different issue.

Maybe you opinion is more personal because of the accident that you almost had? You are hard to take seriously when you resort to bitter personal comments.
KP
Tuesday 3 November 2009 2.04pm
Real SE1, you are the kind of person who gives people who have lived and worked this area a long time a bad name. You havent come up with one suggestion about what should happen, and just whinged and wallowed in your own self pity, dishing out a bit of bitterness along the way. You sound more like a victim, the angrier you get. Get Real.
Tuesday 3 November 2009 3.03pm
KP (Thats a brand of nuts you know) I do not give people who have lived and worked here a long time a bad name at all. Obviously the majority on here do not like me or my views but that is what I expect. I tell you loud and clear what my suggestion is.
Live and let live. Stop picking out who you do not like (and lets face it LBE are a easy target for you). Some of you have said that LBE is tackier than the sex club that you were up in arms about for gods sake!
You can not get on your high horses about one business and then ignore another one doing the same type of thing (blocking pavements) When it is something that the majority of you on here like.
Also in what way have tourists been ripped off by an imposter? LD and LBE are totally different. I have been to both in the last twelve months and enjoyed both.
As I said if any of you have a problem then pop in and see the guys who own it. Why hide behind a bit of plastic?
Be happy for LOCAL people to make a what was closed sex club into a good business.
That is my answer.
KP
Tuesday 3 November 2009 3.13pm
Real Se1, Live and let Live????!!!! Funniest thing Ive heard in ages! From the judgemental, autocratic rubbish you have posted on here that makes you a right hypocrite. You are not Real at all, in fact you are a fake-se1!
Tuesday 3 November 2009 6.28pm
KP Please answer the point i raised. You seem to have to make another comment and not answer it.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LD BLOCKING THE PAVEMENT & THE MARKET PORTER/BM?
Or are you going to ignore me and make out i am not here like the others.
By the way your not KP your NOBBYS NUTS
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions