London SE1 community website

London Bridge 'gory scenes' petition

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9
KP
Wednesday 4 November 2009 9.56am
Fake-se1, Are you suffering from attention deficit disorder or something? I`ll post on here because I choose, not because you demand it, OK?
If people are not answering your points its nothing to do with your status, where you live, your education etc, it`ll be because of what you write and that `chip on the shoulder` way you write on here, nothing more. Get over it.
Wednesday 4 November 2009 10.49am
OK, I have resisted intervening or commenting on this discussion for a number of reasons.

However, given the way the discussion has gone (and the number of times the 'report' button has now been used [thanks]), I think it's time to close this particular thread as everyone has made their views abundantly clear and I don't think we're going to get anywhere by exchanging abuse.

There is little for me to add except that I fully endorse all the sensible and thoughtful things said by Tattie and Jac (either on this thread or the 'Royston Vasey' one).

There are lots of things I would like to say but I will confine myself to this:

To me, one of the strengths of this type of forum is that you simply don't know what sort of home people live in, how long they've lived here, the colour of their skin, etc etc. So long as you can string a sentence together you can debate and discuss on equal terms with people who might be your 'neighbours' in the broadest sense but who you might not necessarily encounter in offline situations.

We are fortunately to have a range of contributors here - some of whom are lifelong locals and some of whom are new arrivals but nonetheless keen to get involved with their community.

People shouldn't have to pass some kind of ludicrous 'localness' test for their opinion - if expressed in a civil fashion - to be valued. Long may that continue.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions