London SE1 community website

Would You Object?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 4 November 2009 9.35am
Pops wrote:
it will attract the older kids who will probably cause damage.

That's not true of my experience of playgrounds in SE1, where has this happened?

Can provide the planning application reference/details? It's easier to say then whether the application has any merit or not.
Wednesday 4 November 2009 11.21am
My only concern about having playground equipment right outside my bedroom window is that if I've dragged myself home at 6am I'm not sure I could sleep through the noise.
The playground area in Leathermarket gardens doesn't attract older kids. I've seen some in the Guy Street Park one but they were quiet and certainly not destroying anything.

Jan, have you seen the disused paddling pool in the park that Little Dorrit Court runs alongside?
Wednesday 4 November 2009 12.41pm
No I haven't love, seeing as I have a thing about children not having a paddling pool, why is it disused?
Wednesday 4 November 2009 12.44pm
dunno. Just thought of you when I saw people working on the little garden bit that it's in. It's really small and has a mosaic in it. It would be great for little ones.
Wednesday 4 November 2009 12.58pm
There is a little park about 200m away from our esate which has older children congregate after dark. Generally with their dogs who yapp yapp yapp. Recently I saw them cutting down the trees with an axe. The police did catch them and it turns out they all (4 youths) had axe's down their trousers. I know we can speculate they are are out to harm people but why would they carry such items around with them?
Wednesday 4 November 2009 1.07pm
Where exactly is it Beetroot?
Wednesday 4 November 2009 1.16pm
Jan, Little Dorrit Court is the footpath that joins Borough High Street near Subway. You can see the paddling pool from the path. It's in a little fenced square near the primary school.

(sorry for the thread hijack, Pops)
Wednesday 4 November 2009 1.48pm
Jan the old one wrote:
No I haven't love, seeing as I have a thing about children not having a paddling pool, why is it disused?

Jan, ask BOST (info@bost.org.uk). I imagine they will know as Little Dorrit is one of theirs and the dry paddling pool is almost part of it but not quite.

When I used to work in Marshalsea Rd and walked through there often, I always thought it was a crying shame that the paddling pool is not used as such, since it's right next to two primary schools. Little Dorrit has the lovely refurbished play area so I would have thought annexing the paddling pool would be obvious.

On reflection, maybe it's an H & S directive that kids may drown if unsupervised...

Sorry for the hijack, Pops
Wednesday 4 November 2009 2.09pm
Oh I remember the pathway, but have not been down there for years..used to come out in redcross way/street near the old tenement buildings.
How sad it was not used...:-(
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions