London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Square food market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 26
Zoe
Monday 9 November 2009 6.35pm
I think it's an outrage that James took a picture of that chocolate cake, I've been thinking about it all day...
Tuesday 10 November 2009 3.12pm
Clementine was it wild sorrel? my son grew some beautiful sorrel with a lemon taste...is that the same thing as you bought?
Tuesday 10 November 2009 5.56pm
Yes I can confirm the sorrel was amazing! Very lemony..
Wednesday 11 November 2009 9.26am
He grew his from seed, have you a windowsill where you could pop a pot on?
Wednesday 11 November 2009 11.58am
Who is "Jan the young one" ?
Thursday 12 November 2009 8.30am
Dear Mark,

ignore this impostor...she may be my dopplebanger..sorry doppleganger!

signed..Jan the senior one! lol
Thursday 12 November 2009 12.01pm
I understand the proposed Sunday Market will be non-food. There'll be all sorts of stuff, from Retro clothing to art etc. More anon, in the New Year.
Thursday 12 November 2009 1.08pm
Mrs R and I also went to this market, we saw Rambling Phil, Juanita, Plum (and Mr Plum and the Plumletts), so with you lot too it looks like the whole of the SE1 forum was there are various times.
We really liked it, even though we'd only gone to check out what was there, without the intention of buying anything. We left with 3 pots of chutney, a litre of draught Severn Cider Perry, and we had a sausage sandwich whilst there. Some of the produce was a lot more expensive than you'd get elsewhere, but you pay for the quality (organic, fresh, free range etc).
We'll certainly go back there, when we want something a bit special (the goat cheeses were fantastic)

a fantastic new addition to the area.
Friday 13 November 2009 5.14pm
I live within spitting distance of the square so popped along. Good array of stalls (not sure if THREE bread stalls were entirely necessary, but they all looked delicious) and although I didn't buy anything this time, I really enjoyed the atmosphere and will certainly visit every week.
Saturday 14 November 2009 5.16pm
three cheers to all the traders who braved the stormy day today! came home with a bag filled with lovely things...mmmmm.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 26

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions