London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Square food market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 26
Sunday 15 November 2009 9.26am
I think it was great to see the local farmers come away from Borough Market. Less crowds! Hope it carries on.
Monday 16 November 2009 3.18pm
curatrix wrote:
three cheers to all the traders who braved the stormy day today! came home with a bag filled with lovely things...mmmmm.

Pipped to the post! Indeed, well done. I was amazed to see any stalls at all, when I arrived at 1pm. There were about 6 still open - they took less than half the previous week's revenue, poor loves.

Bought some excellent Rosemary Bread and fab cheese.

Mmmmmmmm is also my current word!
Tuesday 17 November 2009 12.57pm
Thank you for braving the terrible weather to support the market. I know that the farmers and producers really appreciated it. At 8.30am we thought we'd never get dry again!
More stalls next week - including South Down game, Sara's Market's delicious pies and cakes, Popina's tarts and savouries and Seriously Italians fabulous hand made pestos and pasta.
Friday 20 November 2009 6.08pm
And...the Isle of Wight garlic farm will be at market tomorrow. Fantastic smoked garlic, garlic preserves and more. See you there!
Sunday 22 November 2009 12.37pm
Another lovely morning - shame I had to leave early. I hope it made up, somehow, for the previous Saturday.
Monday 23 November 2009 4.27pm
Was it me, or had the number of stalls reduced, somewhat, from the previous couple of weeks?
Monday 23 November 2009 7.52pm
I thought that the stalls this week were excellent. Got some fantastic Clams, a Pheasant, Pork Chops and a great range of vegetables. Really nice people running the stalls.
Monday 30 November 2009 9.37am
Went again and bought some mincedmeat and braising steak from the Boarstal Butcher, ate some and froze the rest, it was gorgeous. The fish stall had sold out of skate, decided against the sea bass could not justify spending nine pound on just me.

spent a fortune on organic veg. which did not taste any different to east lane! Will be there again next week weather permitting...
Monday 30 November 2009 7.34pm
Hi everybody,

I am the organic meat farmer, have just found your site and am really interested to read the comments from you all. It is great that you are all making such an effort to support us.

We attend weekly and will be bringing texal cross lamb, rare breed Berkshire x Gloucester Old Spot pig and some Angus beef this week (5th December). All our meat is reared without the use of chemicals and pesticides as is all the food that they eat. No GMs to be found only good organic wheat, oats and beans.

SPECIAL's for 5th December

Minced beef 6/kg
Beef offal - heart, liver, skirt and lungs
Pork shoulder joints 6.50/kg

See you all this weekend come rain or shine!

Your breakfast baps are waiting for you.

Fabienne Peckham (the one with the silly straw hat on)
Monday 30 November 2009 10.02pm
Been away the last two weekends, so can't wait for Saturday's market. Crossing our fingers that it'll be shine not rain but don't suppose it really matters - we practically swam there on our last visit and still came home smiling :)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 26

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions