London SE1 community website

Two Muggings near Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 11 November 2009 10.22pm
Well I was mugged on Spa Road three years ago by three guys, one of whom threatened me with a meat cleaver, and a bunch of people on this forum said it was my own fault for walking down there on my own at 8pm on a light August evening and how none of them would be stupid enough to do such a thing and it was all my own fault.

Probably still on here somewhere if you don't believe me.
Thursday 12 November 2009 8.38am
Davies, thats incredible, over the years I have staggered home from various points in the borough including Spa Road far later than 8pm...
Thursday 12 November 2009 10.29am
Davies wrote:
Well I was mugged on Spa Road three years ago by three guys, one of whom threatened me with a meat cleaver, and a bunch of people on this forum said it was my own fault for walking down there on my own at 8pm on a light August evening and how none of them would be stupid enough to do such a thing and it was all my own fault.
Probably still on here somewhere if you don't believe me.

I remember that! How horrible! I wouldn't pay them much mind, Davies - it's much along the same lines of how they told women who'd been raped that it was their fault for wearing provocative clothes!

If we live in fear then they win...
Thursday 12 November 2009 11.57am
I was threatened with violence on a No.1 bus, the other evening, when I courteously asked the driver why he hadn't opened the doors to let the only [elderly] passenger to board - when 5 people had alighted.

A passenger standing next to me turned on me - and then got off at my stop!

It may not sound much, but it left me rather shocked.

I guess this guy would have felt differently if he'd been the person waiting.

We live in troubled times; never more was a sense of Community needed.
Thursday 12 November 2009 2.21pm
Philpotts24 wrote:

Couldn't agree more!
Friday 13 November 2009 1.19am
Philpotts24 wrote:
I was threatened with violence on a No.1 bus, the other evening, when I courteously asked the driver why he hadn't opened the doors to let the only [elderly] passenger to board - when 5 people had alighted.
A passenger standing next to me turned on me - and then got off at my stop!

It may not sound much, but it left me rather shocked.

I guess this guy would have felt differently if he'd been the person waiting.

Buses... seem to be used by bizarre people... I wanted to get off the 381 and rather than reach in front of the lady who was nearer the bell (she was leaning forward and attending to her child)... I politely said "could you please press the bell for me"... she looked around and pressed it... then the Latin lady to her right got up muttered something abusive in Spanish and stood by the doors staring at me and muttering more obscenities (also in Spanish)...

I'm afraid I couldn't help but defend myself and said "What's your problem? All I did was ask this lady to press the bell"... this caused her to provide more abuse... and I got off the bus... but as I passed her I did point to my head and said "I don't know what you problem is but I think you're sad and rather loco"... all very odd....
Saturday 14 November 2009 7.08pm
I was attacked 3 years ago in the dry cleaners on TBR and was also abused for the fact on this website.
It is not safe out there and if you are attacked it is the attacker and NOT the victim at fault.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions