London SE1 community website

Passport photo for baby in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 16 November 2009 2.49pm
We did our own - if you go on the passport service web site there are very specific head sizing quidelines. We just took one of our own and then sat there with a ruler, trying different sized prints until we got one where the head was the right size! It worked anyway.
Monday 16 November 2009 3.01pm
Yes, the baby mustn't be smiling, wearing dark glasses or too much make-up, and be looking directly at the camera. Must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I wonder what the civil servant who proposed the idea is doing now?
Tuesday 17 November 2009 12.52am
It isn't SE1 but it's easy to get to on the Jubilee Line ... there's a photo shop opposite Selfridges on Oxford St (admittedly up several flights of stairs, so buggies are out and slings are in): they take fantastic photos and know all the sizes/rules etc etc (and it's worth going just for all the passport photos displayed on the walls)
Wednesday 18 November 2009 10.52am
I vouch for them as I have used them before. Cash only, and they are even reasonably cheap compared to some of the other places!
Wednesday 18 November 2009 1.16pm
Thanks, everyone.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 19 November 2009 10.04am
The chemist on Borough High Street opposite the entrance the Borough Market (sorry can't remember name) does baby passport photos. They use a cushion so that you lie the baby down and they shoot from above. I was very happy with them when I used them earlier in the year.
Thursday 19 November 2009 10.10am
Thanks, Catherine. That sounds like just the ticket (and it's nearby, which is a bonus).

Thursday 19 November 2009 5.12pm
Ivanhoe, please fill me in. What sort of baby is it? ;(apart from very cute which is obvious).
Thursday 19 November 2009 11.53pm
Oh, sorry Jackie, I thought you knew (thought you'd commented on it in another thread).

Baby girl. 8 weeks old. No discernible interest in drinking cider yet, but she has been to two cider pressings, and spent a day picking apples (although, to be honest, she didn't really pull her weight).

Named after a jockey, and she's off on her second visit to (the races at) Cheltenham in 3 weeks' time to see her namesake win the Glenfarclas.

And the pharmacy on BHS does great baby p'port pics, so thanks again for the recommendation Catherine. (I think it may be called City Pharmacy?)

Friday 20 November 2009 2.57pm
Oooh how lovely. Little girls, pink frilly things...ah me. So is she called Lester Piggot or Frankie Dettori or what?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions