London SE1 community website

Bathroom tap and plumber needed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 8 March 2011 11.25am
Thanks SE1ers for another excellent recommendation. My boiler packed in on Friday and when I phoned Glow Worm and they talked me through a few wee things (twiddle the blue nob underneath...) they said I needed a plumber. Terry came and had a look and he said he couldn't touch it, Glowworm got it wrong (they specifically said not a gas engineer, a plumber)and I needed a Corgi registered gas engineer. Terry recommended Pimlico Plumbers and he wouldn't take any call out fee from me, just left his business card for next time I do need a plumber. What a gent.

Pimlico also came straight away but they couldn't fix it as they had to order a part and said it could be today (Tues) or tomorrow before it arrived. So I had a shivery birthday weekend with no heating and boiling lots of pans and kettles to get a wash.

Top tip - Pimlicos Website offers 10% discount off labour (not parts) so if you do use them quote this offer from thier own website and you will save a few quid.

Labour was 80 and the part 24.40 plus 24.40 so cost me 146.40 total, a lot better than I was expecting considering Brian at Pimlico had to come twice to fix it. Grand job.

Its amazing how much we take for granted something like hot running water. Mum was telling me when I was in Stornoway last week how they were lucky if they had a tin bath in front of the fire once a week and when her uncle was the first in the village (Shawbost) to get running water she used to love going up there for a bath.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions