London SE1 community website

Do you miss SE1 LONDON

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 28 January 2010 8.26am
Ah Dickie, how sad... how old was you when you left? was that St.James Street at the Borough? or near St James Church in Bermondsey..

If I win the lottery I'll send a limousine to collect you from Wales and we can have a tour of all the old areas..there's been a lot of changes mind you..
Monday 1 February 2010 9.44am
Hi Jan
My King james Street was the one just of Friars Street, there were a row of old terraced houses, now demolised, no electricity and lighting was via gas mantles,they had mice and many had bugs. There was also a council run cleansing station in the street where they deloused us buggy kids, really posh eh !
Dickie
Monday 1 February 2010 11.07am
I caught scabies and had to go to the cleansing station in neckinger...and had to have a red hot bath and was painted with benzo benzate which was like runny white paint! and stunk..and my clothes were heat treated...my mum was dying of shame and made me go up by myself!
never mind Dickie, there are far worse things to worry about and bed bugs are making a comeback...:-)
Monday 1 February 2010 12.02pm
It all comes down to hygene, Jan. I change the straw in our bedroom every week, and I wash twice a year whether I need it or not.
Monday 1 February 2010 3.32pm
Your far too fastidious Chalkey, your trying to pull a bird aint yuh!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions