London SE1 community website

Mayoral election

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10
Friday 5 March 2004 4.02pm
True Michael. It's a weak spot of his. But have you heard the other candidates say they would throw themselves under the earth-movers? I don't think so. Picture Steve Norris turning his back on his party's natural supporters - including Lord Ashcroft, the money behind London Town plc, who are trying to blot out our block with their Tate Tower.
Friday 5 March 2004 4.05pm
with you again Kevin. Steven Norris was exactly who I had in mind when I was thinking about [not] having the guts to take any hard decisions.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 5 March 2004 4.18pm
I think simon hughes would take a more balenced view of these things
Friday 5 March 2004 4.20pm
I had noticed on Simon Hughes' website
http://www.simon4mayor.org.uk
under Policies for London - Planning and Development

"reject Londonwide high rise in favour of maximum development of existing brownfield and commercial sites"
rm
Friday 5 March 2004 4.30pm
Ken is the best thing that has happened to London for many years. He has the balls to stick to his principles and always puts Londoners first.
Friday 5 March 2004 5.05pm
put Berkely homes first more like it

and

According to William Hill bookmakers, Simon Hughes, the Liberal Democrat candidate, is now in second place with odds of 6/1 to win

Post edited (05 Mar 04 17:24)
Sunday 7 March 2004 10.32pm
It has become quite clear that Ken livingston doesn't give a damn about ordinary Londoners ,and is only interested in coseing up to property developers ,and is supporting every bad development Like the waterloo offices ,which will be visible from St. James's park and spoil the view from the London eye, the Tate Modern flats ,Leeching of a public amenity and vandalizing views of the iconic bank side power station(Tat Modern) and the appareling Potters fields development. which will look like the Barbican Center ,by Tower Bridge
I think Simon Hughes would take a more balanced view of these things and has a far greater public service ethos

Ken livingston is only interested in himself.

Monday 8 March 2004 9.18am
Ive lost track of the planning process concerning the Shard of Glass. Does anyone know if it has been given full approval, and if it has if a new mayor could revoke that approval?
Monday 8 March 2004 10.36am
Its been given full aproval ,as far as I know

I dont mind the shard of glass so much ,at leest it looks nice ,and the building that will be demolished to build it isen't ,good

its just to big big thats all,

I dont think a new mayor could do anything about it

the main problem is if its uesd to push through other towers around it

that would be a night mayor
Monday 8 March 2004 3.41pm
'that would be a night mayor'

Difficult to tell with your spelling whether you meant it, Michael, but that was quite funny!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions