London SE1 community website

Mayoral election

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10
Tuesday 9 March 2004 11.19am
I was going to back Ballinger Ridge at Lingfield today but was knocked over in the queue at Ladbrokes by all those geniuses who wanted to put the rent on Norris and Hughes.
rm
Tuesday 9 March 2004 11.22am
No vote is a "wasted vote" mapmaker. thats the whole point!

Simon Hughes isn't well known enough across London. He's a good local MP, but I'm not sure how successful he would be capital wide.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 12.16pm
The new low-profile SH still has much greater positive exposure than any of the MPs in constituencies I used to live in. Admittedly they were a pretty ragged bunch but if you're going to run a London campaign you'd have to sacrifice the service you give to your home patch. It looks like part of an orchestrated campaign to me.

Is Malcom McClaren running again. I was very tempted by his booze in libraries idea. If he had specified the inclusion of cider then maybe the political face of London would now be very different....?

6/1 good value in a three (maybe two) horse race.

Willing to meet you about halfway Ivanhoe, are you offering me 15/1? I'd even drop the each way option for that!

gggggrrrrrruuff
Tuesday 9 March 2004 12.35pm
I'm tempted, Thermales, tempted.

But I'm off to Cheltenham next week and so need all my money to throw into the bookies' satchels

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 12.47pm
Good Luck seems appropiate.

gggggrrrrrruuff
Tuesday 9 March 2004 12.49pm
rm - !It depends on what level, perhaps a philosophical one only.

Each way bets on a 2(!) (3?) horse race aren't going to give you much of a dividend, I fear, Ivanhoe. If you and Mrs I are to be able to retire on your winnings, you'll need more than that.

The bookies always win, by the way - just look at William Hill's latest results.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 2.10pm
mapmaker,

we're not going to retire on our winnings....we're going to move to the country, mobilise the p(h)easants, and take over your country seat.

[you can live in the dower house if you pay rent and behave yourself]

Tuesday 9 March 2004 2.40pm
Ivan, lol - mobilise the p(h)easants, that wins joke of the day, at least in my house!
Tuesday 9 March 2004 4.11pm
Wait 'til you hear me grouse.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 5.16pm
I quail to think of it, but on reflection I've survived the odd mapmaker snipe so I supposed I should be choughed.

[hope this doesn't make you feel twitch(er)y]

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions