London SE1 community website

SE1 Indian Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Thursday 26 November 2009 12.52am
Shahi
if you go to hungryhouse.co.uk or just-eat.com you can search by food type and also see reviews. `Shahi is excellent!
Thursday 26 November 2009 11.53am
Simply Indian is still the best - very fresh tasting Indian food.

I've been eating there for five years (onsite and takeaway) and have never had a problem.

Some friends think it is the best curry in London, not just SE1
Tuesday 1 December 2009 10.53am
phraze wrote:
another vote for Nawaz - very good, quick friendly delivery and reasonably priced. although my one criticism is that they aren't the hottest (not like in temperature but hot as in spicy) curries around, so I usually ask for mine a bit hotter when I order.

You should try the Paneer Massala - it's like eating molten lava. I love hot curries but I'd probably eat it again only for a dare, delicious though it was.
Thursday 24 December 2009 1.47am
Tower Tandoori's my fave and Bengal Clipper is good but not on mon/tue...food tastes somewhat different, probably chefs nights off??
Sunday 27 December 2009 2.28am
Not quite SE1, but they've always delivered to me at Elephant - Kennington Tandoori. Lovely food, speedy delivery, and great portion size too, something I've always thought Simply Indian lacked.
Sunday 27 December 2009 9.05pm
mango tree for me - I love the quality of the food. It was closed tonight and I was tempted by Cafe Silka in SE16 - horrible, never again.
Sunday 27 December 2009 11.41pm
alang wrote:
mango tree for me - I love the quality of the food. It was closed tonight and I was tempted by Cafe Silka in SE16 - horrible, never again.

The one in SE16 has two L's. I don't think it has anything to do with the one your spelling links to, which was good when it first opened.
Tuesday 29 December 2009 3.23pm
james k wrote:
phraze wrote:
another vote for Nawaz - very good, quick friendly delivery and reasonably priced. although my one criticism is that they aren't the hottest (not like in temperature but hot as in spicy) curries around, so I usually ask for mine a bit hotter when I order.

You should try the Paneer Massala - it's like eating molten lava. I love hot curries but I'd probably eat it again only for a dare, delicious though it was.
That's odd. We nearly always have that and have never found it to be unusually hot. (I like spicy food, but am not great with very very hot food, so I would definitely have noticed if the chili dial was turned up over, say, 7/10)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 December 2009 4.11pm
I like Morley Tandoori

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Sunday 3 January 2010 1.03pm
I'll second Chavender's vote for Morley Tandoori (take-away or delivery only).

(Although just occasionally the lamb is a bit tough or gristly.)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions