London SE1 community website

SE1 Indian Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Sunday 3 January 2010 2.30pm
I do confess I prefer chicken. Got two bottles of Cobra beer free with last delivery! (food for three people)

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Sunday 3 January 2010 5.52pm
Hi there, we have used the Tower Tandoori at the elephant and castle for many years, and portion size and quality have never let us down, reductions for collections as well, regards, Lee.
Sunday 10 January 2010 8.52pm
Given I started this thread, I think it's only fair that I post back the results of my, um, research.

Following the advice, I've tried Cafe Nawaz, Morely Tandoori, and Tower Tandoori. I found the first two to be good, but not great. Tower Tandoori was hands down winner though. So much so that I haven't gotten around to trying Simply Indian as I keep going back to them. Had a Lamb Jalfrezi (or, Zalfrezi here) on Friday that was fantastic.

Somebody commented that they thought Tower Tandoori was a little bit cheaper than others. I seem to be spending a little bit more than I used to, but it could be that I'm just ordering more because it's so tasty ;-)

I will give Simply Indian a go in the near future.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice
Thursday 28 January 2010 10.27pm
Having read good words, we duly tried Cafe Nawaz tonight. What a disappointment!

Food arrived relatively quickly but the meat in the lamb biryani, a simple, supposedly traditional classic dish, was rubbery to the point of tasting like plastic. The chapatis were stale and to be honest I feel rather sick. The price was, in my opinion, certainly at the top end of the market, yet the food was below average. I certainly don't think I'll be ordering from Cafe Nawaz again after tonight's meal.
Friday 29 January 2010 6.33am
I once had an OK meal from Chillies Tandoori in St. George's Circus, Tower Tandoori is OK but my favourite around here is still Morley Tandoori. I never rated Nawaz or Simply Indian. Bengal Clipper was OK a few years ago but don't know if they do takeaway.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Friday 29 January 2010 10.04am
i'll definitely give Morley Tandoori a go next time
Friday 29 January 2010 12.41pm
My vote goes to Tower Tandoori too, although we usually eat in. The food and service are excellent and the owners always friendly and helpful. No connection, etc.
Friday 29 January 2010 12.48pm
And I've just noticed that they have a 50% off food and a set lunch offer on at the moment:

http://www.bview.co.uk/listing/1820822/Tower-Tandoori-Restaurant-in-SE1

Chris
Friday 29 January 2010 12.59pm
I have both good and shockerama bad, takeaways from Simply Indian? Anything to recomend in Bourogh/Bankside/Waterloo anybody?
Saturday 30 January 2010 12.28pm
well despite gavin smith's misadvenure with Cafe Nawaz we have never had a bad meal from there...and out of interest Gavin did you complain and if so what was their response. our curry was delivered promptly last night and was hot and tasty...no complaints there. the least said about Simply Indian the better...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions