London SE1 community website

SE1 Indian Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Saturday 30 January 2010 6.16pm
carmenes82 wrote:
And I've just noticed that they have a 50% off food and a set lunch offer on at the moment:
http://www.bview.co.uk/listing/1820822/Tower-Tandoori-Restaurant-in-SE1

Chris

I couldn't really figure out how the 50% offer works. Do you know if it is on dine in bookings made via the website? Guess I can just ring them up :-/
Monday 1 February 2010 1.59pm
You have to book via the web site. Just click on 'book offer' (a pop-up window will open) and then select your date and time - if the time shows up green then you can take advantage of the offer. Don't think it will be valid over the phone.
Tuesday 2 February 2010 11.07am
carmenes82 wrote:
You have to book via the web site. Just click on 'book offer' (a pop-up window will open) and then select your date and time - if the time shows up green then you can take advantage of the offer. Don't think it will be valid over the phone.

In the interests of openness, does your site take a commission if we book from it or is all of your income from advertising. I am not objecting, and indeed happy to support two local businesses rather than just one, but it's always good to know.
Tuesday 2 February 2010 12.18pm
hi boroughpaul, just seen your response. I didn't complain on this occasion; ordinarily I would, for example if I had a 'duff' meal from somewhere I regularly use, but this was my first experience of Nawaz and definitely my last. Of course, my taste will differ from yours, but I am confident that anyone tasting the lamb biryani (which is a classic and very simple Indian dish - confirmed to me again now by an Indian colleague). I can, however, assure all readers of this forum that my food was not up to scratch. The same meal, perfectly cooked and tasty, would cost about 12 in Tooting and that would be eating in!
Tuesday 2 February 2010 12.35pm
truthmonkey - it's my friend's site and they will earn a small commission for bookings. I couldn't initially find the offer on this site because it's not listed on the special offers page. However, if you go to Tower Tandoori in the restaurant directory you can book online and also get this offer and James's makes some commission!
Tuesday 2 February 2010 7.08pm
Agree with Auntie Pat - Mumbai is pretty good - they deliver or takeaway. My two favourites though are Lovage in Queen Elizabeth St which does take away (sadly not delivery but might be worth checking again) or as mentioned before the Tower Tandoori. Bengal Clipper is terible these days - don't waste time or money there. Tower Bridge tandooru even worse - I'm not sure how it still exists.
Now...best chinese?
Tuesday 2 February 2010 10.00pm
best chinese is easy peasy. Thames Takeaway on Tanner Street - excellent food, non-prententious (no chopsticks, no delivery, no eat-in just collection) and very good value. We eat from them two or three times a week and I can't sing their praises enough. The woman there can serve and calculate the change for five people at the same time as answering the phone! Everything they do is cooked to perfection.
Sunday 30 August 2015 11.38am
Thought I'd stick this on an existing thread, however old.

last night we ordered the worst take away either of us have ever had. Simply Indian delivered (eventually) the worst food imaginable. They obviously ran out of dosa and used carpet underlay instead. It was actually not possible to eat it. The dahl was almost entirely water. The rest was just utter crap. Expensive too. We just looked at the sorry table of rubbish feeling hungry. To top it off, despite being told it would take 45 minutes it was an hour and 10 minutes delivery time.
Don't do it to yourself.
Sunday 30 August 2015 12.03pm
I too had the worst Indian takeaway I've ever had, last week.

I have been using Morley tandoori for about 8 years, I wont be back. It was, quite simply, the worst bit of food I have ever bought.

It was early in the night and it was plain to see we had yesterdays popadoms lol, somehow, my daughter knows the old trick of sticking them in the oven to crisp them up, that's what they had done. The nan was also like cardboard, a madras that was the sweetest thing I have ever eaten, I recently made Nigella's chilli jam, it was sweeter than that.

Don't think we are going to be bothering with takeaways in the future.
Wednesday 2 September 2015 2.52pm
beetroot wrote:
last night we ordered the worst take away either of us have ever had. Simply Indian delivered (eventually) the worst food imaginable. ... We just looked at the sorry table of rubbish feeling hungry. To top it off, despite being told it would take 45 minutes it was an hour and 10 minutes delivery time.

+1 to this. I have had decent experiences with them in the (distant) past but their most recent attempt was delivered very late and almost inedible.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions