London SE1 community website

SE1 Indian Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Wednesday 2 September 2015 3.16pm
I never go to Simply Indian any more. Despite it being so handy for The Oak, and you being able to take a jug of really good beer over the road.

We have had the occasional take-out from Masala Dubba on Trinity Street over the last months, and I've always been happy with them, albeit that we're not exactly regular customers.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 2 September 2015 5.54pm
I've searched for the last few years to find a decent Indian in or around SE1 since the Tower Bridge Tandoori changed hands. Through this website I found out about Est India http://estindia.co.uk/about/ which we were very happy with. They seemed like lovely people and the food was the best I've found in the area.
Tuesday 8 September 2015 3.59pm
Have had good experience with Shad on Tooley Street.
Tuesday 8 September 2015 4.23pm
redbus wrote:
beetroot wrote:
last night we ordered the worst take away either of us have ever had. Simply Indian delivered (eventually) the worst food imaginable. ... We just looked at the sorry table of rubbish feeling hungry. To top it off, despite being told it would take 45 minutes it was an hour and 10 minutes delivery time.

+1 to this. I have had decent experiences with them in the (distant) past but their most recent attempt was delivered very late and almost inedible.
+1 As well... we'd been away for the weekend and I popped in on the way home for a collection, it was quick enough, but my my the food!! King Prawn Patia...3 King prawns! Lamb Steak with Chick peas, rubbery and wildly hot in flavour with no depth of spice just the heat of chilli (and I like it hot hot hot!!) The garlic Naan was ok but the garlic was slightly raw... Boiled rice was the highlight of the meal!

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 9 September 2015 10.50am
Give Bermondsey Tandoori a go, the food is good and they always deliver on time.

The people at Shad could never find my house.
Wednesday 9 September 2015 11.14am
NickTheGreek wrote:
Give Bermondsey Tandoori a go, the food is good and they always deliver on time.
The people at Shad could never find my house.

Do you have details of where that is please?

D x
Wednesday 9 September 2015 11.30am
cheers!

D x
Wednesday 9 September 2015 3.25pm
Bermondsey Tandoori are good, reasonable prices and you get free stuff if your order is over a certain amount.

More expensive, but very nice is Mumbai in Dockhead.

We use one or the other most weekends and they are all nice people and deliver on time.
Saturday 12 September 2015 8.15am
We tried Simply Indian a couple of weeks ago. The food was fine, but nothing to write home about. Pappadums had been cooked a while earlier so had lost their crunch, which was disappointing, and although the prices are low the portions were pretty small compared to other Indian restaurants.

I did like that the menu has many dishes I'd not come across before so it was nice to try something different to my usual order.

It's a 15 min walk for me so don't think I'd go back in a hurry... the next order will be from Shad / Bermondsey Tandoori / Mumbai, just can't decide which!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions